Contributor

What should I use for uneven skin Tone?

I am 42 with prett good skin, I use a lot of Josie Maran but my skin tone is very uneven.  I have sun spots and a few scars.  What do you recommend for this?

Honored Contributor

Re: What should I use for uneven skin Tone?

Maybe talk with a dermatologist about Retin-A. It will help diminish dark spots and reduce scars by smoothing out your skin.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A vitamin C serum. I used to use Paula’s Choice but now prefer the one by Timeless Skin Care.  I have used some type of vitamin C product for as long as I can remember and I have an even skin tone, don’t need foundation.

I have also used a retinoid for many years.

Valued Contributor

Tazorac and Azelex do a wonderful job but you need prescriptions.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cristyn-Momof2wrote:

I am 42 with prett good skin, I use a lot of Josie Maran but my skin tone is very uneven.  I have sun spots and a few scars.  What do you recommend for this?

@Cristyn-Momof2  I also use Retin A at night (rx strength) & Vit. C E in the morning. You didn’t mention if you wear foundation and/or concealer. Both will cover uneven skin tone & sun spots. I use a tinted moisturizer and  2 concealers...1 lighter for under eyes & 1 same shade of tinted moisturizer to cover spots.

Honored Contributor

Regular exfoliation and a good topical antioxidant serum.  Many people like Vitamin C, but I've ditched it for a Pycnogenol serum as it's more powerful than Vitamin C.

Honored Contributor

@Cristyn-Momof2  I am older than you but I use tinted moisturizer to even out my skin tone by Laura Mercier.  My skin still shines through but tinted moisturizer camouflages enough to give me a healthy look.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tucsongalwrote:

A vitamin C serum. I used to use Paula’s Choice but now prefer the one by Timeless Skin Care.  I have used some type of vitamin C product for as long as I can remember and I have an even skin tone, don’t need foundation.

I have also used a retinoid for many years.

I just started on Paula's Vit. C.  I've been using her products since 1995.  Could you tell me why you prefer the Timeless Vit. C?  Thanks 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

Regular exfoliation and a good topical antioxidant serum.  Many people like Vitamin C, but I've ditched it for a Pycnogenol serum as it's more powerful than Vitamin C.

@JeanLouiseFinch Which brand pycnogenol do you use?

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@Valstybabywrote:

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch Which brand do you use?

Thank you.

@Valstybaby  For the pycnogenol serum?  I use Elysee Firmance Pycnogenol Firming Serum (it's their orange one).