Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: What should I use for uneven skin Tone?

I also suggest a Vitamin C serum.  I have a few age spots and I used to have melasma and marks from old acne but once I started using Vitamin C serum my skin improved.  My age spots faded and the melasma and acne hyperpigmentation went away completely.  It isn't an overnight fix, it will take a few months to see an improvement but it will happen.''

Make sure any Vitamin C serum you are using is atleast 20% vitamin C, you will see the best results.

Most important of all though, please use sunscreen every day.  No sense fighting uneven skin tone if you are not protecting your skin from future damage.

Honored Contributor

I cannot use RetinA or any of these things --- I wish!  

I use Balance 'n Brighten.  It has a lot of different shades in it and really sort of cancels out uneven places on your skin.  

At times when I just don't want makeup, I will put on a bit of concealer and then I use a big brush and swish on mineral powder by Physician's Formula which has variegated colors mixed in.  It's also very gentle on the skin.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Contributor

Thank you all for these great suggestions.  I do wear concealer and foundation but was looking for something to make my skin look better for those non makeup days.

Esteemed Contributor

I would try something with a AHA in it. 

Respected Contributor

TriLuma Rx-get from derm, works wonders but you MUST be diligent about spf every day.

I have some moderate to severe melasma and this has helped.

btw-very $$$, no insurance since it's considered cosmetic.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many find glycolic acid (AHA, alphahydroxy acid) helps to lighten, or often times diminish, dark spots and uneven skin tone. Glycolic acid, when used in the right concentration, will resurface the skin and bring out clear and smoother skin with consistent use. I have been using Glycolix Elite treatment pads regularly at night. Imo these are excellent and are reasonably priced. If you decide to start using glycolic acid, try using one with about a 5% concentration then slowly work up to 15% to 20%. To view the complete collection of Glycolix Elite treatment pads go to Skinmedix dot com...always free shipping, no minimum. Just search 'Glycolix pads'.

Valued Contributor

Dr.Woods rose soap.

cathy from ma

Trusted Contributor

@Cristyn-Momof2wrote:

I am 42 with prett good skin, I use a lot of Josie Maran but my skin tone is very uneven.  I have sun spots and a few scars.  What do you recommend for this?

@Cristyn-Momof2, Vitamin C and Retin A. and a good peel product.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Everyone's complexion is different, but I agree with many above.  When I first started using Vitamin C serum 20+ years ago, my skin tone evened out in the first month!  Not perfectly even, not every brown spot totally disappeared, but brown spots noticeably lightened.  Some tiny red acne scars completely disappeared.  I was impressed.  

I still use Vit C daily to "maintain" these improvements.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
New Contributor

Vitamin C serums help to even out skin tone. I'm currently using Mad Hippie serum, and can really tell the difference when I put it on before bed.