New Contributor

What shade of the TSV do I need?

What is the difference between the fair and porcelain. I am fair with pink undertones. I do burn easily in the sun. I preordered the TSV in fair. Did I make the right choice?
Trusted Contributor

Re: What shade of the TSV do I need?

BlueIris, it depends on how fair you are. I am very fair, usually wear the lightest or next to lightest shade of makeup. I would say I have fairly neutral skin coloring (and would also burn easily in the sun). I have tried both of LG's shades in Porcelain and Fair. On me, the Porcelain is too light with too much pink. The Fair is a little too dark with too much yellow. If there was a color that was a mix of the two it would be perfect for me. I hope the Fair works for you, however from your description, if you are quite light the Porcelain may work better for you.

Trusted Contributor

I am pretty fair and the fair shade made my face look dirty. I have not tried the porcelain.

Honored Contributor

I wear the Fair; DD wears Porcelain. It's just as soonersis described, and I agree with her. It sounds to me like you might prefer the Porcelain. It does favor those with a cooler, pink-toned complexion more. I usually wear the second shade from the lightest in any makeup line. My skin is warm toned. The Fair is perfect for me, and I was matched when Sephora still carried Laura's line. Ulta now has it. If you have one near you, you might want to go in and see for yourself, and get some advice from the SA's there if you want to. Good luck! Smile

Super Contributor

I wear the lightest shade in every makeup line and some drugstore brands when I was in school didn't even carry a color that light. I wear fair in tarte and be and I wear porcelain in lg.