Regular Contributor

Re: What's your technique for doing a deep conditioning hair treatment?

@Starpolisher - wow  that's interesting, coconut milk! I never would have thought of that. I love anything Coconut. It's so healthy! 

Awesome results, I have dry, thin, frizzy past my shoulders hair.  I hope I get good results like yours! 

Regular Contributor

So do you guys like to apply the conditioner all the way through the roots or do you just apply halfway down to the ends? 

I have dry hair but my scalp can get oily.  Regardless of this, I still want to try applying it all over, including my roots.  I might regret it but this will be my first time trying, so I don't mind trial and error. (Easy to say now haha) 

Also, after you do your treatment do you try to wait a longer time until you shampoo again? 

Honored Contributor

@Dreamchaser,    First, take 1/2 water and 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar  and rinse your hair.  Massage it in and rinse with clear water.  Then take either argan oil or marula oil and massage into your hair and scalp (done at bedtime).  Either place a towel on your pillow or wear a shower cap.  If your hair is fine why do you think you need conditioning?  My hair is medium and I never use conditioner because it weighs my hair down.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the Eva NYC therapy  hair mask...

Incredible results and it smells so good. I turned my DD's onto it also and they love it as too. Can be bought at ULTA and many places on the net.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

Before I went gray, I had dark hair, natural auburn highlights.

A couple of times a year at the salon for a cut & style, I would get a henna treatment.

I don't know if it's recommended on all hair colors but it was wonderful.

Made my hair so shiny & silky looking.  Felt very healty

I've purchased the packs of henna treatment at retail and done it myself but it never compared to the salon treatment.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:
If your hair is fine why do you think you need conditioning?  My hair is medium and I never use conditioner because it weighs my hair down.

@Katcat1

Just because my hair is fine doesn't mean that I want it to be dry and damaged. I think with practice I can find a way to deep condition it without weighing it down! 🙂

Regular Contributor

I first became interested in Shae Moisture because of the clean and healthy ingredients. After I started looking into the line, I saw that they had deep conditioning products. I am really hoping to stay with the Shae Moisture brand.   

Honored Contributor

@DreamchaserI had no idea what your problem was with your hair.  Do as you please.  Sorry you took offense.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

@Katcat1

I just thought it was obvious that anyone who is wanting to do a deep conditioning treatment has some dryness and/or damage because that's the purpose of doing it. So I wasn't sure why you asked me why I needed it. 

But no I did not take offense. I would never take offense that easily. 

Honored Contributor

@Dreamchaser wrote:

@Shanus - Oh I hope I get those kind of results too! That's exactly what I need, better curl and less frizz. 

Sorry for sounding stupid but, do you just hold the blow dryer over the cap? And that gets it dry? 

@Dreamchaser  The blow dryer is waved all around the cap...keep it about 6" away so don't burn plastic cap. This heats the conditioner a little to help it penetrate the hair, not dry it.