Valued Contributor

Re: What's your preference in NAIL COLOR?

It’s been fun reading all of your responses! Thanks for contributing. 

Wishing everyone a happy and safe summer with our awesome nail colors. 

Honored Contributor

For nails I love Essie neutrals in sheer pinks and soft off whites.  For my toes I like medium to dark shades usually although right now I painted my toes in an off white sheer until I get my pedicure.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

OK I may be old and out of touch with “what’s in”. Can anyone explain to me the reason for different color polish on the 4th ring finger? How did the fad start? I’m seeing a few men with this...one on my Southern Charm show is sporting turquoise on the 4th finger and he’s a lawyer!!

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

For nails I love Essie neutrals in sheer pinks and soft off whites.  For my toes I like medium to dark shades usually although right now I painted my toes in an off white sheer until I get my pedicure.

@Katcat1   I had lunch w/ a friend the other day who was going for a pedicure afterwards. She keeps her toes BARE in winter to let them “breathe”....pedicure in spring/summer. Horrors! I love the look of finished polished feet/toes all year. I will, however, remover old polish at night and allow the nails to “breathe” overnite before a pedicure. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  Just a trend. it has been around for awhile. I was doing it maybe 7 years ago. It is just a way to accent the ring finger.

Esteemed Contributor

I do my own nails (fingers and toes) and almost always use Sally Hanson. I like her wider brushes. Since retiring, I seldom polish my fingernails but when I do, it's a pale nude shade. Always wear polish on my toesies from April through October....I like a brighter color of coral, watermelon or bright pink. I like the blue colors, but just haven't tried them - yet!

Respected Contributor

I always do clear or perfect formula for my fingernails.
My feet in summer I go for bright colors, reds,corals and you name it! I always have done my own nails.
Summer is for fun colors on my feet.
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie  Same for me.  I'm  way into being a "senior", but I still wear all colors.  My favorites are the coral/peach shades, but I wear purple, all pinks, navy blue, turquoise, etc.  Lately I have been wearing white on my fingernails also.  I do my own manicures, but go to salon for pedicures.  All colors even the crazy ones on my toes.  Love them all.  I only wear red for Christmas and maybe one or two other times in a year.

Esteemed Contributor

I shop around regarding brands. Currenlty enjoying the INSPIRE brand found at Target. My 'go to' colors are shades of rose pink that compliment red, pink, teal, purple, turquois, blue, navy, true green, black and gray clothing. Each season I try a new color or two. There was a lovely white color I used to wear - maybe OPI - called Rainbow -- because it took on colors in the light - like a prism. Cannot find it now. I cover nail & toes. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

I just like clear. I am so boring.