Honored Contributor

What's your length of fingernails?

I have one longer than usual nail on my thumb.  So proud of it, until yesterday!!  I jammed it and drew blood under the nail, it hit so hard.  It's sore today.  That'll take a few days to mend.  The nail didn't break. Lesson learned, I'm going to keep nails even with the top of the finger.  No jams.  Boy this hurt!!

How long are you growing yours and wearing them?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's your length of fingernails?

A whole lot shorter than I used to!  As I've aged, my nails have started peeling and cracking when long.  So I keep them super short and ovaled (is that a word?) with coats of nail hardener clear polish.

I agree - my thumb nails are hard as steel and grow like crazy.  The rest of my fingernails, not so much.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I keep my nails short....never longer than the tip of my fingers.  They just get in the way if longer.   

I'm not patient enough to maintain longer or pretty nails so have never gone that route.  They look nice on others but I'd never want to maintain them.

Respected Contributor

I keep my fingernails super short.  I can't stand them growing past my fingerbeds. 

Honored Contributor

Relatively short.  Don't want to blind the dog.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

Since I've been taking care of my own nails the past 6 months, I keep them short.

Honored Contributor

I keep mine at an active length, I have had them much longer in my life

E335707E-AB55-46CD-BA71-C1364499F9B5_1_201_a.jpeg

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have always kept my nails very short...just barely to the end of my fingers with a sliver of white showing. I've always done my own manicures, no gel nails or salon manicures ever. 

Being an artist and making jewelry, my nails/hands take a beating. It's so much easier to keep nails clean and cuticles moisturized when very short.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox   Are those your "real" nails? Very attractive. 

Respected Contributor

I've kept my nails short for years. I file them back once they get past my fingertips. It's much simpler and neater.