Respected Contributor

Re: What's your length of fingernails?

Comfortably short: I'm a piano player.

Valued Contributor

I've always had weak, peeling nails that I kept just over my nail bed with light polish.

I haven't worn polish since March now and they are long and strong.  I file them in a square-oval shape.  They are not practical, but I've been enjoying admiring them.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I wear them very short  The thought of food, etc. getting under long nails is gross.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

My natural nails are strong and I've always kept them well past my fingertips and polished.  I loooove nail polish and experimenting with new colors.  I keep them somewhat shorter now than years ago, probably 1/8 of an inch shows from the the palm side.  I've only had professional manis twice in my life and both times felt it was no better than what I do on my own. 

Keeping longer nails clean is no big deal - that's what nail brushes are for. I've seen some nasty short nails lol.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

@SurferWife I love your nail art. Very pretty.

Honored Contributor

I used to keep mine long and polish.  They grow fast and are "hard as nails".  The last several years they've been a 1/4 inch or less past my finger tips.  A few months ago I decided (can't even remember now why I did such a stupid thing) to cut them off where I had no nail protruding.  What was I thinking???  I couldn't pick up anything Smiley Surprised  Couldn't scratch LOL  It was miserable till they grew out again.

Honored Contributor

@Tsukiko wrote:

@Tsukiko 

Thank you!  Although, all the credit goes to my nail technician.  She is an artist, for sure!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right now tooooooo long ... tomorrow is my mani & pedi💅

I like them shorter than most ... right now I can't type I hit all the wrong letters😉

tried something new:

22A9BEA8-D022-48A9-B79F-7D636462EC37.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Tsukiko wrote:

@Tsukiko 

Thank you!  Although, all the credit goes to my nail technician.  She is an artist, for sure!

@SurferWife  - Is this the same lady when you posted the pic of the light blue color?  That must have been last year when you posted the pic.  She does a fantastic job.  How often do you go before switching up designs?

Honored Contributor

As short as I can get them.Smiley Happy