Trusted Contributor

Re: What's your latest vitamin C serum??

I've tried a lot of Vitamin C's: SkinActives DIY kit at 20%, SkinActives Cranberry Vitamin C, Blue Mercury M-61, Paula's Choice C-15 Resist, Skinceuticals, NCN's Vitamin C + Glutathione, Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid + Retinol Brightening Solution, etc. etc. So far my fave is Dr. Dennis Gross's. Just bought my second bottle. It is pricey but a bottle does last a long time. I ran out after my first bottle and tried a couple different ones and my skin just hasn't been looking as good. Maybe it is the retinol in Dr. Gross's product, I don't know. But Skinactives Vitamin C DIY kit was my favorite before trying Dr Gross. I found NCN's Vitamin C to be too thick for my skin and I had reactions to the glutathione in it. I also tried Perricone's glutathione serum and could not use it all over my face as I developed small bumps so that's why I think it is the glutathione in both products that caused my reaction. It's been a while since I tried Skinceuticals and I don't recall any improvements to my skin, thought it was over priced and it oxidized pretty quickly and turned a dark orangish/yellow.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Honored Contributor

Re: What's your latest vitamin C serum??

On 3/21/2015 Crisso said:

What about the company that -I think - was at the forefront of the "C" revolution - Cellex-C. I found that REALLY irritating but a number of Spas carry it. There may be a milder formulation? VERY expensive, however.

I have never tried that brand. There are some brands that had some that seemed pretty good, ingredient-wise, but the price is so high that I passed because I know there are products just as good, if not better, for a fraction of the cost. Just my two cents. Wink