Valued Contributor

Re: What's your latest vitamin C serum??

I have been using the Timeless, C+E+Ferulic acid, but I am thinking of trying the NCN next time. The NCN seems to be more stable and according to an email they sent me the 1 oz bottle should remain stable for about 8 months due to the Glutathione and MAP.

Trusted Contributor

Recently read that adding ferulic acid helps stabilize vitamin C even more which is good to know.

Allure had a brief write-up on a new source for C out of Australia but of course the name alludes me right now. I was not at all familiar with it but do recall it being mentioned that it was over 50 times more effective than the usual sources.

I'll try to locate the write-up about it. I do know it is not readily available as only one or two brand have incorporated it into products here. I want to say DermDoctor was the brand they did mention but will double check that too.

NCN is my go to right now and have seen impressive results from using it.

Dermatologists are now recommending some sort of C in our basic skincare routine in addition to retina-A or a retinol product. While it can be very effective in evening out the skin (getting rid of age and/or acne marks, etc.) it is the added protection that C provides to the skin against free radical damage that makes it so beneficial. Long term use, especially if started young enough, may have a real impact on delaying and/or preventing some aging of the skin.

I think most derms would recommend using some type of an effective C serum daily.

Super Contributor

I like the fact that NCN Vit-C has ferulic (I liked this in Dr. Gross' version) AND, especially the hyaluronic, acids. As SunnyRose mentions the description says 8 months stability- I have to check, but most are 4 or 5 months, max, including Paula's Choice.

Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 Crisso said:

I like the fact that NCN Vit-C has ferulic (I liked this in Dr. Gross' version) AND, especially the hyaluronic, acids. As SunnyRose mentions the description says 8 months stability- I have to check, but most are 4 or 5 months, max, including Paula's Choice.

A bottle seems to last forever too (ask SuzyQ about her last never-ending bottle {#emotions_dlg.laugh}). Always make sure to use the coupon code if you are interested. There tends to be one every month, normally 10% off.

I looked around for forever trying to find one with similar ingredients, particularly with ferulic and HA and also glutathione but could not find a single one that had this and not alot of other filler ingredients. It is a really good combination of ingredients. I have been really impressed.

Respected Contributor

On 3/21/2015 HappyDaze said:

HappyDaze and SuzyQ3, is this the NCN Vitamin C you are referring to or is there another?:

OK, so that didn't work out too well - gotta go back to the website for the name.

LOL, that was quite the post! But yes, that is the one. I had stopped using it for awhile because it had too much orange blossom in it but they tweaked it so there is less and it is working just like the one I used for a few years before that one. My skin can be sensitive and this is the only L-ascorbic acid product I can use without irritation and that gave me noticeable results.

Vitamin C+ Serum With Vit. E, Ferulic Acid & Glutathione ?

yes m'am. Smiley Happy

Full ingredients:

Water/Distilled Orange Blossom, L-Ascorbic Acid & MAP (Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate), Hyaluronic Acid, Glutathione, Sea Kelp Bioferment, Oat Beta Glucan, Vitamin E (mixture of Tocopherols & Tocotrienols),Ferulic Acid, Polysorbate 80, Optiphen.

Bugs me that she switched to a dropper bottle and does not list the INCI for Optiphen but still the best C serum I've come across, esp for the price.
Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 BellaCarro said:Bugs me that she switched to a dropper bottle and does not list the INCI for Optiphen but still the best C serum I've come across, esp for the price.

I just switch mine out to a pump. It seems most of the ones I was interested in all came with droppers.

Super Contributor

A bottle seems to last forever too (ask SuzyQ about her last never-ending bottle {#emotions_dlg.laugh}). Always make sure to use the coupon code if you are interested. There tends to be one every month, normally 10% off.

I looked around for forever trying to find one with similar ingredients, particularly with ferulic and HA and also glutathione but could not find a single one that had this and not alot of other filler ingredients. It is a really good combination of ingredients. I have been really impressed.

I ordered the NCN today. You're right about her ingredients. Her formula really is unique. I also like all of the information she provides. I'm concerned that some of these smaller companies may not be truthful in their claims or know what they're doing in terms of formulating a L-Ascorbic acid serum properly. Nancy seems to really know her stuff. I've got my fingers crossed that it doesn't irritate me since she added the orange stuff.

Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Harpa said:

Still loving Devita @ 17%, pH 2.5.

I'm really interested in Devita vitamin c serum because its stabilized and low PH. but I have two problems: sensitive skin and acne prone skin. So will Devita vitamin c sting my sensitive skin or break me out? Any other vitamin c serums that dont sting or breakout that also stable and low ph? urggh....so hard to check all the boxes in skincare.
Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 myshell624 said:

I ordered the NCN today. You're right about her ingredients. Her formula really is unique. I also like all of the information she provides. I'm concerned that some of these smaller companies may not be truthful in their claims or know what they're doing in terms of formulating a L-Ascorbic acid serum properly. Nancy seems to really know her stuff. I've got my fingers crossed that it doesn't irritate me since she added the orange stuff.

myshell, do I have you confused with another poster? I could have sworn that you used JJ Labs Vit C serum.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I haven't read every post.

Where is the best place to buy NCN Vitamin C?