Highlighted
Respected Contributor

What's your favorite retinol night cream?

Do any of you use a cream with retinol in it you like?
I've used serums, but I'd like to hear about rich night creams that contain retinol that you like. Thanks!
Valued Contributor

Re: What's your favorite retinol night cream?

This line has been renamed "Alpha Skin Care" instead of Alpha Hydrox. This particular product has been renamed "Enhanced Wrinkle Repair Cream" and now lists the retinol percentage (.015%) on the package.

Skin feels great in the morning after using this. Reasonably priced also.

Honored Contributor

First I was my face with warm water and a microfiber wash rag.  Then I use Dr. Denese Firming Facial pads (they have retinol in them.  Then I use Hydroshield.

That's my routine morning and night.  Get that dead skin off of your face every day.

I've been using an exfoilent every day since I was in my 20's.  Never baked in the sun and for years I used Oil of Olay as did my husband and daughters.  They still use Oil of Olay, I use Hydroshield.  My youngest daughter does the same thing I do.  I know that because I pay for it.

Honored Contributor

I use Jan Marini

Esteemed Contributor

@Dazlin

I also use the one @Theresa1121 told you about. Not that it is (what I would call) rich, but I do not use, need or want  moisturizer afterward.

I particularly like the fact of the low % of retinol, and for vitamins A, C & E.

Esteemed Contributor

I used the Alpha Hydrox line that @Theresa1121 mentioned for several years -- I was happy with their ResQ retinol cream.  But the company made changes and so did I.

Now I go back and forth between ROC Nighttime Retinol cream from the drugstore, and Amara Organics dot com ( 2.5% retinol).  Both are very moisturizing for me (and my oily skin) and I don't need an additional moisturizer layered on top.   BTW, my dermatologist recommends ROC -- she told me it was the "best you can buy" and better than expensive, high-end retinol creams.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwowrote:

I used the Alpha Hydrox line that @Theresa1121 mentioned for several years -- I was happy with their ResQ retinol cream.  But the company made changes and so did I.

Now I go back and forth between ROC Nighttime Retinol cream from the drugstore, and Amara Organics dot com ( 2.5% retinol).  Both are very moisturizing for me (and my oily skin) and I don't need an additional moisturizer layered on top.   BTW, my dermatologist recommends ROC -- she told me it was the "best you can buy" and better than expensive, high-end retinol creams.  

@tototwo- Did they change formulations, something else you consider key, or did you just want to try other things?  I thought they just changed names and updated packaging a little.

Trusted Contributor

Do not mean to bomb your post @Dazlin, but I only use a moisturizer...

LADIES DOES RETINOL REALLY REALLY REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE????

I have heard so much about it, I just may go to the store and get some.

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch~ I asked the company back then and they said the formula wouldn't change immediately...  it was like a "maybe we will, maybe we won't" answer to me.  I'd been thinking of switching brands anyway, so this seemed like a good time to do it.  I'm sure they're still the same high-quality products they ever were.

Was just thinking........... when I first started using Alpha Hydrox ResQ, it was sold at my neighborhood supermarket for under $10 (and I thought that was expensive).  Man oh man! those were the days!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwowrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch~ I asked the company back then and they said the formula wouldn't change immediately...  it was like a "maybe we will, maybe we won't" answer to me.  I'd been thinking of switching brands anyway, so this seemed like a good time to do it.  I'm sure they're still the same high-quality products they ever were.

Was just thinking........... when I first started using Alpha Hydrox ResQ, it was sold at my neighborhood supermarket for under $10 (and I thought that was expensive).  Man oh man! those were the days!

Yes, @tototwo, the original had been around for a long time, and in the familiar red packaging.  I remember it being new and marketed to teens when I was in high school.  $10 for us was a lot.