Respected Contributor

Re: What's your favorite mineral based sunscreen for the face? I need it to be very moisturizing!

I agree with SilleeMee about mineral based sunscreens.   I've tried several and I began to get sunspots and burns I never had.  I'm very fair skinned but I've never had a problem using other spf's until I tried mineral based.

I use water babies on my body and chest, spf 70, skinmedica spf 50 for face, or Boots no.7 Restore and renew spf 30 for face and chest. I like Shiseido spf also.

Today I purchased Olays Regenerist spf 30 for face...will try that.  I liked the idea of mineral based until I found adverse effects...so...its out for me.

Regular Contributor

Re: What's your favorite mineral based sunscreen for the face? I need it to be very moisturizing!

I have had wonderful success at protecting my skin for many years without using chemical sunscreens and my dermatologist agrees. 

I certainly don’t depend on Dr. Oz (mr follow the money trail IMO) or any mainstream news channel report for my health advise. And the government having our best health interest at heart is a joke. 

That’s not to say I wouldn’t listen to what anyone would have to say about sunscreens but I do a lot of research. I am my own health advocate and know how to think outside the box. 

I do believe in the advice from the EWG (environmental working group) about what products are safe for us. I believe that there are many sunscreen products without the correct ingredients to protect us. I think that even with a good sunscreen, it’s very easy to not apply enough product, and also not often apply it often enough and that definitely causes problems. 

I also believe there is a ton of ****** in chemical sunscreens that is really bad for us. The skin is our largest organ and what goes into it matters a lot! No one here is going to convince me otherwise so if that’s your opinion, I respect that but please keep it to yourself because that’s not what I’m asking in this thread. 

So again...my only question is, for those who use them, which ones are your favorites. No debates are needed, wanted or necessary here. I would really appreciate that, thank you!

Respected Contributor

Re: What's your favorite natural sunscreen for the face? I need it to be very moisturizing!

[ Edited ]

I love Perricone's Vit. C Ester Photo-Brightening Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 .  This is one of those, "Why have I never tried this before?!" products. 

I am super sensitive, dry and have rosacea and this does not irritate or break me out. And it's a perfect base under foundation. It feels silky on the skin.

Regular Contributor

Thank you, that sounds wonderful!
Valued Contributor

I’m really liking the beekman triple milk primer with sunscreen. I think it’s 13% zinc oxide but doesn’t leave a white cast. It moisturizing but not greasy (I do use a moisturizer underneath when it’s cold). Makeup applies nicely over it too.
Honored Contributor

@crazyangel64  Neutrogena sunscreen for sensitive facial skinSPF 50 and mineral (physical).  Onlysold online.  I think it was $11 and change.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

@Katcat1 - Is it the one that says Healthy Defense?
Honored Contributor

@crazyangel64  It says Sunscreen for Sensitive skin and only sold online.

kindness is strength
Occasional Contributor

Re: What's your favorite natural sunscreen for the face? I need it to be very moisturizing!

Did you have MOHS surgery ?

I am having that done on a spot on my nostril that is basal cell ~ I was told that Ishould not be worried about scarring .    

Regular Contributor

I just ordered Elta tinted, SPF 41. Going to try that one and see how it works.
Thank you for all of the recommendations so far! I appreciate it! 😊