Respected Contributor

Re: What’s your favorite lipstick 💄 and why

@sunshine45 wrote:

BIG lipstick junkie......and i have been exclusively using lipsense for the past two years now and rarely pick up any others. love their lipsticks and their glosses......they have real staying power on my lips and no transfer.....gorgeous colors in classics and in fun colors. i have a nice collection. these colors worked even under masks, so i was not going without lipstick throughout the past year and a half.

Wow you and I had totally different experiences with Lipsense. I couldn't stand the bitter, rubbing alcohol taste. It dried my lips so badly. Also I found them nearly impossible to remove completely- so much rubbing and scrubbing my lips were nearly raw. Yes I used their special remover. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm hooked on Lancôme lipstick. Beautiful colors, stays on way longer than other brands   I've tried, moisturizing. What more could I want ☺️ Currently using three colors: 

Fleur Impressioniste, Perfect Fig, and Creme de Marron.  Well worth the money. 
I also have a set ot Doll 10 lip crayons and those are fantastic too. They are super smooth and moisturizing with good color payoff and they stay on. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

It changes every few weeks.  Right now I'm still stuck on matte liquid lipstick in a nude that contrasts, doesn't blend with my complexion..  Sigma, for one.  

Valued Contributor

Without a moment's hesitation, I say Gallany. QVC carries the brand but hasn't promoted it in ages. I love the metallic duo and own a few extra. In fact, I'm wearing Toddy now. The last power of these is amazing. The shades are super flattering no matter your age. I always get asked what shade is that I'm wearing and where to purchase it.

Honored Contributor

@Lally wrote:

Without a moment's hesitation, I say Gallany. QVC carries the brand but hasn't promoted it in ages. I love the metallic duo and own a few extra. In fact, I'm wearing Toddy now. The last power of these is amazing. The shades are super flattering no matter your age. I always get asked what shade is that I'm wearing and where to purchase it.

@Lally I just looked this brand up on QVC, and I must say the colors are gorgeous, and the  price for 2 is great. I think I just may order them! 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Lally wrote:

@Lally I just looked this brand up on QVC, and I must say the colors are gorgeous, and the  price for 2 is great. I think I just may order them! 

Oh, I do hope you love them as much as I do. The colors are so, so pretty, and hard to describe the look. I get so tired of applying lipstick over and over. With Gallany, that's not the case. Get ready for loads of compliments and friends begging you to buy one for them. Smiley Happy I'm referring to Cosmo and Toddy shades. Also, I order from Gallany direct. Their eyeshadows are wonderful, too.

Honored Contributor

@Lally wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Lally wrote:

Oh, I do hope you love them as much as I do. The colors are so, so pretty, and hard to describe the look. I get so tired of applying lipstick over and over. With Gallany, that's not the case. Get ready for loads of compliments and friends begging you to buy one for them. Smiley Happy I'm referring to Cosmo and Toddy shades. Also, I order from Gallany direct. Their eyeshadows are wonderful, too.

@Lally I will definitely post back to you once I have tried them! I wonder why QVC rarely shows this brand!

Valued Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Lally wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Lally wrote:

@Lally I will definitely post back to you once I have tried them! I wonder why QVC rarely shows this brand!

No clue. The brand has some nice reviews, too. You've convinced me to order another set to go with the ones I have put away. LOL I have purchased all the metallic shades from Gallany. Stay away from their site if you don't want to spend more money. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Lally wrote:

Ok you lipstick enablers...lol...please describe the metallic duo for me. The "metallic" name scares me (frosty?) but the colors look so pastel pretty. Can you describe these 2 please? Got them in my cart. TIA!

Valued Contributor

Cosmo has more peach undertones than this pic. Toddy is golden and lighter. The colors and sheen are hard to describe other than flattering to the lips...at least to me. They seem to reflect light.  I just tried going to Gallany's site and something is going on there. Hmm, I sure hope they aren't caput. Metallic Lipstick - Cosmo