Trusted Contributor

Re: What's your favorite highlighter for the ""triangle of light""?

I have tried three products for the triangle of light effect. First, YSL Touche Eclat. I really like this highlighter, but it is sooooooo expensive. I'm trying to spend less on makeup, so I will not repurchase this. Because you choose a color to compliment your skintone, it is a very natural highlighter and not very brightening.

Second, Benefit Ooh La Lift. This works nicely, too. The color is very light and sheer. The texture is also light, not thick at all. I don't know why, but I had to use a lot of this product to get the TOL look.

Third, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Brightener. I think I like this one the most, and it's the least expensive. How 'bout that! I've applied it under my BB cream, and it looks nice. I've applied it over my BB cream, and it looked slightly brighter but nice. I use it sparingly directly under my eyes and focus a little more on my cheeks and the side of my nose.

I haven't tried Trish's product simply because of the price. I also haven't tried any of the drugstore illuminating products that other posters have mentioned, but I might when I run out of my other highlighters. HTH

Paws and enjoy life.
Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2014 Quinny said:

I used to use the Touche Eclat, then realized I needed to have my head examined for spending SO much on one item that I KNEW must have dupes.

My favorite, even over the Touche Eclat is the Maybelline Age Instant Dark Circle Eraser in Brightening. It does the job perfectly and looks much nicer, more natural than the TE.

L'Oreal MagicLumi pen is an exact dupe, imo. I had both and forgot I had the L'Oreal. One morning I used the YSL under one eye, got distracted and put it down. Came back and did not realize I grabbed the L'Oreal, applied, and a minute or so after realized I had not used the YSL under the other eye. NO difference!

Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2014 Funloving said:

Estee Lauder has one- not expensive and works well. I'll have to dig it out of my bag to find the name.

It's called Ideal Light.

I don't care for Trish's version. I find it a bit drying and the tube is tiny for the money.

I like it but you are so right! Very little product for the price tag.

Valued Contributor

Believe it or not I am loving my new Wet & Wild Reserve Your Cabana. It's much more subtle than any of my Laura Geller highlighters.
Frequent Contributor

Maybelline Age Rewind - with the Sponge Top - the BEST! Have tried them all - have a drawer full and use this daily. Cheap, Easy to Find and works.

I have both the Brightner and Fair color - both work great, brightening under eyes - triangle area and regular for spots/conceal on face - last all day. Try it!

Frequent Contributor

I don't utilize this particular technique but it seems like Well Rested might be good for this.

I use it for my under eye darkness.

Not applicable

I love the Trish triangle of light as well. second one is the It Bye bye undereye. I switch between them... I am finally happy! I also tried the well rested in the store today... not quite there.....I still see dark circles. I saw the well rested primer presented yesterday, but did not order it....waiting for some reviews on it the new stick primer.