Respected Contributor

Re: What's your favorite fragrance for this time of year

The classic Burberry one. I just switched over to it when the temperature dropped a few days ago. It's a little too sultry to wear in the dead of summer. 

Honored Contributor

My favorite fall fragrance is WEN Fall Tuscan Pear...very cool weather fragrance...even though it's hot here all the time.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@MrsSB wrote:

Well seeing as "this time of year" hasn't really arrived here yet and it's still in the 80s and 90s, I'm currently wearing my summer faves for now.

But if and when "this time of year" ever arrives, I am looking forward to breaking out Cashmere Mist (Donna Karon), and Sensuous (Este Lauder) and Guilty (Gucci).

Also, just in the last couple of years, I've reluctantly added Coco Mademoiselle to my winter scents.  I was never a fan of Chanel Coco or No. 5 and figured I wouldn't like Mademoisel either so never tried it.  Also it seems like it was everyone else's favorite so I didn't even want to like it.  But I finally spritzed some when I was at Chanel counter repurchasing one of my favorite summer scents, Chance Eau Tendre.  And wow!  Guess there is a reason Chanel Mademoiselle is so popular!

@MrsSB  Mademoiselle is nothing like No 5.  I wore No 5 for years.  I tried both Mademoiselle and Gabrielle.  Strangely, I could wear them for a few days with no problem and then I developed an allergic reaction to both.  I had to quit wearing Chanel No 5 after all those years for same reason.  I have tried many colognes/perfumes over the past 30 years with same situation.  I recently purchased Allure but have only worn it as a sample on my handkerchief so I will see.  I will try it tomorrow.  I have an outing I must attend so I will see how we do, Allure and me.

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

I love Dior Jadore from now throughout the winter.

I also wear CoCo Mademoiselle at this time, or anytime.

I love Amazing Grace for its nostalgia in my life.

When I was a teen I loved YSL Rive Gauche. My 2 friends and I used to run around re spraying it constantly.  You didn't have to, it was very potent. My friends mom used to say "Stop spraying that  Rive Douche perfume!" We still call it that today. 😆 

Lauren, in that burgundy bottle is a signature Fall/ Winter scent in my mind forever! 

@KBEANS   I used to wear YSL Rive Gauche.  You brought back some good memories when you mentioned that.  Those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MrsSB wrote:

Well seeing as "this time of year" hasn't really arrived here yet and it's still in the 80s and 90s, I'm currently wearing my summer faves for now.

But if and when "this time of year" ever arrives, I am looking forward to breaking out Cashmere Mist (Donna Karon), and Sensuous (Este Lauder) and Guilty (Gucci).

Also, just in the last couple of years, I've reluctantly added Coco Mademoiselle to my winter scents.  I was never a fan of Chanel Coco or No. 5 and figured I wouldn't like Mademoisel either so never tried it.  Also it seems like it was everyone else's favorite so I didn't even want to like it.  But I finally spritzed some when I was at Chanel counter repurchasing one of my favorite summer scents, Chance Eau Tendre.  And wow!  Guess there is a reason Chanel Mademoiselle is so popular!

@MrsSB , I don't like Chanel No. 5 at all but I'm another who loves the Coco Mademoiselle.

Respected Contributor

I've always used Cinnabar by Estee Lauder.  My children always said it smelled like it was time for Christmas because I never wore it until late fall. ☺☺   I wore it a few years ago to our Christmas Eve service and my grown daughter thanked me.  She said it brought back good memories. 

Super Contributor

I already posted earlier in this thread, but how could I forget my oldest fave in this category?  L'Air de Temps by Nina Ricci!

Definitely an oldie (1948) so probably considered an "Old Lady" perfume by many today.  I first wore it as a young mom in the 1970's when it was given to me a Christmas by an older brother.  I loved it at first sniff and always associated it with Christmas after that.

I requested it again a few years ago, this time from my husband.  There's only a teeny bit left in my current bottle (which is also one of my favorite bottle designs).  We had our first rain last night and today's temps are only in the upper 70's.  So I think I'll be using this up quite soon now.

Carnation and spicey clove are the notes I most notice.  In another thread a poster asked for fave woody perfumes.  Later she said maybe she meant spicy.  Maybe L'Air de Temps would qualify to her if she doesn't mind something rather dated? I didn't suggest it because, like with topic, I had fogotten about it!  Well, there's just too many lovely offerings and I am getting old and forgetful, I guess.

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Respected Contributor

Teint de Neige, not because it's a woodsy or fall fragrance, but because it's a fragrance you wear when you're indoors, dressed, going to a small dinner with friends, or a play. Also Tea for Two by L'Artisan.

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS   When I saw Dior Jadore I thought of my mother.  She loved that fragrance.  She is now in heaven.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Versace Crystal Noir is my favorite for the cooler months.

Versace Crystal Noir Eau de Toilette | Ulta Beauty

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org