Super Contributor

Re: What's your favorite facial SPF?

I've been trying several lately. I have dry skin and many mentioned here unfortunately leave me feeling drier. I do like PTR Retinol Fusion AM SPF 30 Sunscreen Moisturizer, Éminence Tropical Vanilla Day Cream SPF 32, and Colorscience mineral sunscreen.

Honored Contributor

On 8/24/2014 vaccinia said:
On 8/24/2014 itsMe said:

EltaMD SPF 41.. .physical sunblock. Love this stuff!

ITA but it is tinted, if that makes a difference.

I also love this one. It is tinted, but I'm able to wear it and I've got fair skin. The Josie Maran Protect & Perfect is a little too dark and orange for me, but the Elta MD one works very well for me.

Honored Contributor

On 8/24/2014 Katluvr58 said:
On 8/24/2014 jaxs mom said:

I'm trying out Josie's SPF 47 moisturizer since I forgot I had a travel sized bottle I got in a kit. I actually like the way it feels. I'm a little unsure how much I'm supposed to use on my face to get the full SPF protection.

I put a couple of pumps of the SPF in my hands, rub my hands to warm it and then tap/rub it all over my face and neck. Any left on my hands I just rub it on top of my hands.

I think I've been doing about 1 pump per section of my face. So 1 for each cheek, 1 for my chin, 1 of my nose and forehead. Since I have the travel sized one, I'm thinking the pump might be smaller. I want to make sure I get full SPF coverage.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

On 8/23/2014 Cardamom said:
On 8/23/2014 sun8shine said:

I have oily skin - so I would need a different type of product than you - but I really like the Paula' Choice Resist SP 30 moisturizer. I just get that product for oily skin. It is for me a moisturizer, primer and SPF in one. LOVE it.

Agreed! I love this stuff. Is it for oily skin? I thought it would be perfect for the OP. I find it very moisturizing and skip the moisturizer in the day and go with this.

I am thrilled I have discovered this product! Thanks ladies on these boards! I use the PC Resist Super Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30. It is a chysical sunscreen and it is for normal/oily/combination skin. It is lightly tinted so it does not go on white. I love this stuff. It replaces my moisturizer, and I apply my BB cream over it. Love it.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

I used to use PTR but just started using Sonia Dakkar Venom SPF 30 - love it! very light and sinks in quickly. Got it at Target...

Super Contributor

Absolutely in love with Paula's Choice Resist Super-Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30. Perfect for my combination-to-oily skin.

Respected Contributor

On 8/25/2014 MandySays said:

Absolutely in love with Paula's Choice Resist Super-Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30. Perfect for my combination-to-oily skin.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Hmm, now just where did you find out about this little gem? ITA, great stuff and my fav.

Super Contributor

I have 2, Devita Solar (for face) and ASDM, and my fav way to use them is by mixing equal parts together then applying. For me, that mixure makes the perfect sunscreen and makes my skin soft, silky and ready for a final dusting of MV origional spf mixed with Mineral Fusion spf 30 powder and I'm done and ready to go. Love it.

It took me ages to find "the one" or in my case 2. I don't use any products that contain propylene and/or butylene glycols and silicones, so finding products that don't contain them is at times a challenge.

Super Contributor

On 8/24/2014 itsMe said:

EltaMD SPF 41.. .physical sunblock. Love this stuff!

Ditto, best I've used.

Respected Contributor

I love the sun screen from ASDM Beverly Hills. Even my DH loves it. Fantastic price as well.