Regular Contributor

What's your favorite daily facial moisturizer for underneath makeup with SPF 30 or greater?

That isn't full of chemicals! I'm 53 with sensitive, combination skin that definitely leads more toward the dry side. I love Devita but unfortunately it broke me out.
I'm looking for options that hopefully won't break the bank but I am open to all suggestions.
Trusted Contributor

Re: What's your favorite daily facial moisturizer for underneath makeup with SPF 30 or greater?

I use Josie's unscented body butter on my face.  I know body butter sounds gross for the face, but my dry face loves it.

Respected Contributor

Re: What's your favorite daily facial moisturizer for underneath makeup with SPF 30 or greater?

@Dreamchaser wrote:
That isn't full of chemicals! I'm 53 with sensitive, combination skin that definitely leads more toward the dry side. I love Devita but unfortunately it broke me out.
I'm looking for options that hopefully won't break the bank but I am open to all suggestions.

Aren't all sunscreens full of chemicals?

Honored Contributor

This one from Josie Maran: A258001

Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 w/ Sunboost ATB - A258001

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@Dreamchaser wrote:

Aren't all sunscreens full of chemicals?

No, not all of them. Some are made with physical (mineral) sunscreen ingredients like zinc oxide or titanium dioxide.

Honored Contributor

Every day I wash my face with a microfiber cloth, then I use Dr. Denese pads, then I follow up with Dr. Denese Hydroshield.

I've been doing this since she first came on QVC.  I think it's important to get the dead skin off of your face (totally off) every single day and then moisturize.

Esteemed Contributor

SilleMee ~ Please give us some good suggestions of ones you have tried. I don't do chemicals. Thanks!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I have been using Wen unscented body cream on my face. It has reduced the redness in my face a lot. No break outs either.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The most recent mineral sunscreen I tried was this one. It's tinted but if you are very tan or a woman of color then this might give you a slight ghostly cast. But it's nothing a little makeup can't fix. It's not greasy and dries matte. 

Australian Gold Botanical Sunscreen SPF 50 Tinted Face Mineral Lotion, 3 Fl Oz - $13

61xQP8vm80L._SX522_.jpg

@BirkiLady @Dreamchaser

Honored Contributor

@Dreamchaser,   My skin is on the sensitive side and I found this moisturizer by trial and error.  No. 7 Beautiful Skin w/spf 15 and it comes in Normal/dry or Normal/oily.  It absorbs quickly, $14.99, does not cause Milia nor bother my skin.  I have made this my holy grail.  After all these years I finally found a moisturizer that I really, really like and protects my skin and moisturize it.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength