Regular Contributor

Re: What's your favorite daily facial moisturizer for underneath makeup with SPF 30 or greater?

Thank you ladies! I'm going through this list and checking out every single recommendation.
Trusted Contributor

Re: What's your favorite daily facial moisturizer for underneath makeup with SPF 30 or greater?

@SilleeMee wrote:

@GSPgirl wrote:

@Dreamchaser wrote:
That isn't full of chemicals! I'm 53 with sensitive, combination skin that definitely leads more toward the dry side. I love Devita but unfortunately it broke me out.
I'm looking for options that hopefully won't break the bank but I am open to all suggestions.

Aren't all sunscreens full of chemicals?

No, not all of them. Some are made with physical (mineral) sunscreen ingredients like zinc oxide or titanium dioxide. 

Zinc oxide & titanium oxide are chemicals, BTW. 

Honored Contributor

PTRoth makes a chemical free one that is awesome, and I love ELTA MD.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

https://www.allure.com/gallery/chemical-free-sunscreens

I like the ELTAMD, Josie Maran and Tarte. 

PTR's is also awesome as mentioned above. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

Been using CeraVe AM Moisturizer w/SPF 30.  Bonus for me has been firming overall, but have noticed better jawline firmness (this contains ceramides so attributing firming to that).

$2 off coupon on website.

Don't wear foundation, so can't comment on that.

images.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The most recent mineral sunscreen I tried was this one. It's tinted but if you are very tan or a woman of color then this might give you a slight ghostly cast. But it's nothing a little makeup can't fix. It's not greasy and dries matte. 

Australian Gold Botanical Sunscreen SPF 50 Tinted Face Mineral Lotion, 3 Fl Oz - $13

61xQP8vm80L._SX522_.jpg

@BirkiLady @Dreamchaser

@SilleeMee

I've been dying to try this sunscreen but from what I've read, it sounds like it's just like an Ulta brand one I tried. I can't find the Australian Gold one locally and I don't want to order it online (since I have other sunscreens to go through first) but I wish I knew someone who had tried the Ulta one and could offer a comparison. Does this one dry to a matte, almost rubber-like layer that stays put and is difficult to remove at night? The Ulta one is like that but I do a double cleanse and the oil takes it off nicely.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me the Australian Gold was not rubbery feeling on my skin. To me it has a powdery feel to it.  It does dry matte and I find it somewhat difficult to wash off. But that's a good thing if you're sweaty or in water. I didn't know Ulta made one like this. What is the name of it? @Texasmouse

ETA:  I think if you use a powder foundation over top of this sunscreen then your skin may feel a little dry. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee

It's this one. It's hard to explain the feel of it. It LOOKS powdery but the feeling on the skin is what I can best describe as rubber-like. If you try this one, please let me know what you think. (It's also reasonably priced. $9.99 for 2oz.)

2310371.jpg

Honored Contributor

The Australian Gold is fragrance-free which is a must for me. I just looked at the Ulta sunscreen and it has fragrance so I won't be trying it. Thank you for telling me about though. Woman Happy @Texasmouse

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee

You're welcome! I didn't realize it had fragrance in it. I'm going to try the Australian Gold one probably next summer, since what I've been reading about it is that it can be a little drying.  I'll be using more moisturizing sunscreens with winter coming on. Thanks for your recommendation!