Honored Contributor

Re: What's your favorite daily facial moisturizer for underneath makeup with SPF 30 or greater?

[ Edited ]

@mommaslp wrote:

@SilleeMeeI love this sunscreen.  It doesn't irritate my eyes which has been a problem for me in the past.

They also have an untinted version for those who prefer.

I did not know they make it untinted. Is it for the face? I know they have one that is untinted and has a SPF of 30 but I think it's for the body. @mommaslp

Respected Contributor

Re: What's your favorite daily facial moisturizer for underneath makeup with SPF 30 or greater?

I agree with @SilleeMee on Australian Gold Sunscreen SPF 50.  If you are going to be in the sun for a long period of time, use this one. I was at the pool a lot this summer, and this is the one I use. But it can feel a little heavy.

So, for most days, if you are not going to be out in the sun that much, I would go with the SPF 15, such as the Olay one another poster suggested. 

Respected Contributor

Josie's SPF 47. Works very well for dry skin types too.

Trusted Contributor

Chemical - Neutrogena SPF50 or 70 sunshield fluid - magnificent alone and especially under makeup

Non-chemical:  BareMinerals PrepStep SPF30.  Equally great.  Boasts itself as also being a primer, but I feel use of an SPF in either liquid/fluid form serves well as such.

Hope this helps!

Esteemed Contributor

I use Dr. Denese facial cleanser in the tube. I am 50++ and holdring age and have very fair, sensitive skin with "issues" and allergies.  I was a faithful Purity user but the formula has changed. I'll still use that at night with my Clarisonic.  I purchased the super mega size of the Purity right before I found the facial cleanser by Dr. Denese. Once my super bottle is empty then it will be just Dr Denese skincare products for me. 

Honored Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I use Dr. Denese facial cleanser in the tube. I am 50++ and holdring age and have very fair, sensitive skin with "issues" and allergies.  I was a faithful Purity user but the formula has changed. I'll still use that at night with my Clarisonic.  I purchased the super mega size of the Purity right before I found the facial cleanser by Dr. Denese. Once my super bottle is empty then it will be just Dr Denese skincare products for me. 

@Fressa I don't understand what this has to do with a moisturizer that contains an SPF?>

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Banana Boat SPF 30...Ultra Defense Sheer Protect for the body...I use this on my face...the kind of SPF's made for the face ALL break out my skin...I am acne prone and have rosacea...this one has zero fragrance and it light so it doesn't interfer with my foundation which is critical.

Also can recommend CopperTone Ultra Guard SPF 50 or 70 (I use 70 the most) for the rest of my body and yep it too can be used on the face...it is abit thicker...no fragrance and much better then a facial made one.  

My foundation always has SPF built in also...my motto is you can never have enough SPF protection LOL!  

Plus the CopperTone 70 was tested by Consumers Reports and it actually is a SPF of 70 many on the market failed this testing and were much lower...the Banana Boat one I have probably isn't the best but for most days (what I do) it is fine in summer humid weather as long as I am not going to be outside much....then it's the SPF70 one.  Hat also.

Edit: also have LaRoche Posay Anthelois SPF60 Melt in Sunscreen Milk....expensive but it was tested by Consumer Reports and tested out accurately for 60spf.  

Honored Contributor

My go to is Garnier Anti-Sun damage daily moisturizer with SPF 30. 

I can put this on in the morning as a standalone product, go out on our boat and never get sun burned.   And it also works well under my foundation. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, I answered the wrong question.  I must need more coffee today. But for a facial moisturizer with SPF I like Dr.Denese Day cream. I've seen a difference in the protection my skin receives with this compared to some others that I've tried. It glides on your skin but isn't slick. You can wear it alone or under LG Balance & Brighton or Mally powder to cream foundation, etcc. I prefer the jar version compared to the tube.  

Regular Contributor

@Katcat1 - Milia is definitely a concern for me. I have trouble with those. But I am looking for spf 30 or greater. Thank you though Smiley Happy