Respected Contributor

What's your fave eyelash curler?

I had the one by Tarte and about a month ago decided it was time for a new one. I ordered one by Tweezerman and I have to say, I'm not liking it at all. I'm going to order another Tarte one. The Tweezerman curler feels weird on my eye and it does not curl as well. It also feels awkward when I use it. What's your favorite eyelash curler?

Trusted Contributor

Re: What's your fave eyelash curler?

I've always used Maybelline's eyelash curler.  Have had it forever.  I just buy the little rubber refills and clean it with alcohol.  No matter which other ones I have tried I always go back to this one.

Honored Contributor

I use a Shu uemura, because I read good thins about it. However, to me it is not much better than the Revlon one that I purchased at the drug store.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shu Uemura since it fits my almond eyes perfectly and curls the best but since they are not cruelty free, when I needed a new one I've changed over to the tweezerman pro master lash curler (not all tweezermans are equal!). It is the closest I've found although not quite as amazing as the SU. I've tried other tweezermans and many many other brands and they aren't very good, imo. I've never found a drugstore one that fit my eyeshape and made a good curl, unfortunately. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan. I stopped using one about 4 months ago...lashes were thinning out. Also changed to a lighter weight, less volumizing mascara. After I apply it, while still wet, I use my pinky finger to gently push lash lashes up (Mally's trick). Lashes are growing back & still have curl w/ this technique.

Honored Contributor

Shiseido's curler is legendary and still my favorite. Sephora makes some nice ones, too.

Honored Contributor

I use a heated lash wand curler similar to this one. Use on lashes after mascara. Works okay. My lashes are super straight so anything helps. 

download.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I rarely use one since my lashes got curly on their own but the last one I bought was from Sephora and was heated.  It worked ok.  I think I could use something to straighten my lashes a bit sometimes.

Trusted Contributor

Stopping using that about 38 years ago as I do not feel it is good for your lashes.

Respected Contributor

I used Maybelline's for years.  Then switched to Shu Uemura - no comparison.  More expensive but so worth it.  I've been using mine about a half dozen years and it's still perfect.  It curls my lashes in less than 30 seconds and they stay curled.  With the Maybelline I had to keep doing it over and over.