Trusted Contributor

Re: What's your fav skincare line?

I've been using SkinMedica for about a year and a half.  I ordered the Tatcha TSV and have been using it for about 2 weeks,  not sure at this point whether I'll go back to the SkinMedica or keep using the Tatcha.

Honored Contributor

@Ladyjenn wrote:

I really like Dr. Denese, Alpha Hydrox and am waiting for the borghese mud masks to arrive! 

That Fandango Mud Mask is great! I still choose Origins masks, but Fandango is fantastic.

Contributor

I use Paula's Choice almost exclusively. Her products work for me and are reasonably priced.

~there is never an excuse to be unkind~
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Paula's Choice and Cerave.

Valued Contributor

@segrl21 wrote:

Paula's Choice and Cerve.

Me too!  I use CeraVe cleansers and eye cream.  The rest is Paula's Choice. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I used to work for an international cosmetics company and even got to test new products and formulas before they went on the market!    I learned a lot from the R & D chemists about makeup and skin care .... and they learned a lot about fussy women from me!    LOL

Having said that, I have yet to even come close to using a whole "line" ..... every skin care line has it's "star product" and other things that are only okay.    

When I'm in an experimental mood, I go to a makeup line rep at the local store  and ask them what is their best seller .... or the "star" of the line.   Then I stay quiet and let them talk.   It's often quite interesting.

I personally think that you've brought up a most interesting point here, @Tinkrbl44!

"every skin care line has it's "star product" and other things that are only okay".

This point is so great, that I would LOVE to expand on it, and start a separate thread on this subject!

The information shared on such a thread can be of a great value and useful to many.

Since you Tinkerbell brought it up, would you then take a credit for it and start a separate thread?

If not, I will. But I think you should - this is your idea, and it's simply WONDERFUL!  Thanks! Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

If Cerave added more BHA, AHA, Vit C products would switch to them extensively. Their eye cream is the only cream I'll use and would compare it to tubes that paid $200 except Cerave is better.

Honored Contributor

@3DogMom wrote:

I use Paula's Choice almost exclusively. Her products work for me and are reasonably priced.

And cruelty free!!

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I used to work for an international cosmetics company and even got to test new products and formulas before they went on the market!    I learned a lot from the R & D chemists about makeup and skin care .... and they learned a lot about fussy women from me!    LOL

Having said that, I have yet to even come close to using a whole "line" ..... every skin care line has it's "star product" and other things that are only okay.    

When I'm in an experimental mood, I go to a makeup line rep at the local store  and ask them what is their best seller .... or the "star" of the line.   Then I stay quiet and let them talk.   It's often quite interesting.

I personally think that you've brought up a most interesting point here, @Tinkrbl44!

"every skin care line has it's "star product" and other things that are only okay".

This point is so great, that I would LOVE to expand on it, and start a separate thread on this subject!

The information shared on such a thread can be of a great value and useful to many.

Since you Tinkerbell brought it up, would you then take a credit for it and start a separate thread?

If not, I will. But I think you should - this is your idea, and it's simply WONDERFUL!  Thanks! Woman Happy

Okay !!!!   I started a new thread "Beauty Product Superstars" ..... I'm asking everyone to please share your insights!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is great ladies.  Having worked as an esthetician for many years I have tried a lot.  I'm a serious skincare junky, big time. 😀 I have fallen in love with Paula Choice also.  Her line is so simple but effective.  Most of my skincare is from her line.  I have to be super picky because I am very sensitive to smells.  You know perfume, floral notes.  Triggers my migraines. 😡 

But I see all this new stuff I want to try.  Love hearing the top pics of other woman.  

Top Ones for me:

MD Formulations face and body scrub

Paula Choice clinical toner + resist toner

Paula Choice resist sunscreen + hydrolight sunscreen 

PC bh9

PC BHA and AHA

PC vitamin c

PC clinical 1% retional 

Walgreens, store brand/aka studio 35 alpha hydroxy face cream

Neutrogena liquid face wash

Alpha Hydroxy line

refissa tretinoin