Respected Contributor

Re: What's your best piece of beauty advice?

I have exercised ever since I was 15 and that was basically unheard of in 1965.Well now that I am 70 I am aging of course but not as fast as some other people my age. I do believe that it does slow down the aging process. However, I must say that heredity plays a huge part in our health too.

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

Stay out of the sun but apply a good sunscreen If you are in the sun. Most important don't smoke.

You are right about the smoking.  It's terrible for skin.

Respected Contributor

Never go to sleep at night with your makeup on. Never! Keep it clean.

Honored Contributor

Skin changes over time.

When a product you love stops working, there's a reason. Pay attention to the state and condition of your skin as it is now and use products that are designed for it now. It's hard to let go of an old favorite, but it's worth nothing to you anymore if it can't address current conditions.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Beauty is fleeting & skin deep. Develop your inside to reflect the beauty within.

Valued Contributor

SUNSCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every day, even in the winter months. Also, stay out of the sun! If you do go in the sun, wear a large hat, sunglasses and SUNSCREEN!!

(PSA from your fair skinned, freckled, red head)

Honored Contributor

Reduce the chemicals being absorbed by our largest organ.

-reduce the skincare chemicals

-reduce the makeup chemicals 

-reduce the sunscreen chemicals

As mentioned in the OP,

-drink water

-eat the diet w/ the least inflammation....plant based

-eat more greens

-sun avoidance

-NO sunscreen

Unless you're out in the sun's direct light for an extended period

of time, there's no need to expose your system to the absorption

of multiple skincare/makeup/sunscreen chemicals.  

I can't help there's a small connection of all the chemicals we absorb

to the high number of autoimmune issues we're having. 

Super Contributor

Stop sleeping on cotton pillow cases and switch to copper infused pillow cases. It saves you from such sharp creases on your face. Also, I drove for Uber for 3 years and the sun coming in my car was brutal. My windows came, already tinted, but I put a second layer of tint on the driver's side, that made a huge difference!

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Start a good skin care routine when young and never  stop trying things that might work better since your skin changes throughout your life and there are better products coming out all the time.  Don't get in the habit of not doing anything because you are not going anywhere since for products to work they must be used daily.

@Pook   I definitely agree about great skincare and keeping up with it. Just try to keep it simple and once you reach a certain age, products are working well for you, it's not likely many others will be substantially better....just more expensive to keep purchasing new ones. 

Contributor

High dose vitamin C  which builds colligen I take 4 thousand milligrams a day. ,  and use a silk pillow case to sleep on. and a happy smile on your face.