Honored Contributor

Re: What's your Current Beauty Regimen in the Morning??

@Harpa,  What is the tapping method?  I never thought I wear too much makeup:  tinted moisturier, blush, mascara and lipstick.  I guess some women do not wear makeup but I am not one of them.  I feel there is always a little room for improvement!  lol

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@River Song,  You go, girl.  It is fun to wear makeup and make one self appealing.  I can't believe that a woman that is retired in this thread is happy she no longer wears makeup.  I feel you should try to make yourself look good no matter what with makeup, clothes.  I mean as long as you are living and breathing NEVER give up!

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I cleanse with Cerave cream cleanser, use Paula's Choice Skin Recovery toner, Dr. Denese Dream Cream and top it off with her Day Defense cream 30. I work from home. If I'm going out I might apply mascara, Bare Minerals Warmth and tinted lip balm or gloss. 

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy,  Allergic to Oil of Olay.  So sorry you ladies feel you don't need makeup because you are retired.  Everyone should care about their appearance.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@tototwo,  So sorry you feel that way.  I am not into the 'Shame game."

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@River Song,  You go, girl.  It is fun to wear makeup and make one self appealing.  I can't believe that a woman that is retired in this thread is happy she no longer wears makeup.  I feel you should try to make yourself look good no matter what with makeup, clothes.  I mean as long as you are living and breathing NEVER give up!

No one is unappealing without a face full of makeup or fancy clothing.

Society has set such unrealistic standards for women in the areas of aging, body shape/size and fashion that many spend their entire adult lives and quite a fortune chasing a dream or creating an image that is not what or who they really are.

If you enjoy all the time money and effort and like the way you look with all the smoke and mirrors, then you should do it. If you prefer to be more of what nature made you, and spend that time and money on other endeavors of more importance to you, you should do that as well.

But the idea that someone needs makeup and clothes to make themselves look good or feel good about themselves is simply buying into society's disregard for the natural and real as being unappealing, and it is indeed not.

Some of the most beautiful women I know didn't buy into the scheme, and lived full, happy content, beautiful lives giving more to others and worrying less about fitting society's standards for the way women should look. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio,   Quite of few of the women were trying to shame me because I wear makeup and I am not falling for that.  However, I do disagree with you.  Everyone should care about their appearance.  You don't need expensive clothes but you should care how you look in them.  Makeup is optional but don't put down people that wear it.  And, yes, a little makeup even if it's lipstick makes me feel good and I feel good before I wear the lipstick but the lipstick adds to that feeling.  We all have choices.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only makeup I wear when the mood strikes is mascara and lipstick. I have never worn makeup my whole life (except for some teen experimentation) so no makeup is normal for me.

I think makeup is great for those who like it. Some people wear makeup; some people don't.  In my opinion, this is simply a preference.

Now, my morning routine:

Wash face with micellar water

Follow with toner

Then serums, eye products, moisturizer, facial oil

Twice a week I add a very mild physical exfoliant.

ETA: Was editing a post and somehow wound up with 2 slightly different versions posted.  Deleted one of them.

Honored Contributor

Wash my face with face soap or cleanser. Then a light coating of ponds cold cream. If I am going out, I put a bit of Revlon makeup on my T zone as sometimes it is a bit red. I don't use eye makeup as I wear glasses and you can't really see it. 

For me personally, I am just not a makeup person. What anyone else does is their business as far as I am concerned as it doesn't affect me in any way.

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting thread. I've been retired for 4 years and still apply light makeup everyday. I cleanse my face at night before bed with Cetaphil and Dr. Denese firming facial pads and a moisturizer, so I only rinse with cool water when I wake up. After showering, my routine is: serum and moisturizer, a light foundation, a little peach color eye shadow, pencil liner, mascara and a little blush and lip gloss. My complexion is blah and I need a little color on my face. I use a light touch, but a little something for me is a lot better than nothing!