Honored Contributor

What's with the hosts' makeup artists?

I've seen the same person, Jane Treacey, for example, look fabulous on one day and the week later she looks like an aging punk rocker with no sleep. This is obviously due to the makeup artists and hairstylists that work on them. Its like they are going for a "look" and aren't considering the face shape, etc. they are working on. If I were a host, I'd keep photos of the good looks and give instructions to make them look like this.
Honored Contributor

Re: What's with the hosts' makeup artists?

@depglass wrote:
I've seen the same person, Jane Treacey, for example, look fabulous on one day and the week later she looks like an aging punk rocker with no sleep. This is obviously due to the makeup artists and hairstylists that work on them. Its like they are going for a "look" and aren't considering the face shape, etc. they are working on. If I were a host, I'd keep photos of the good looks and give instructions to make them look like this.

@depglass

Well, since QVC is on the air 24/7 they must have a whole staff of makeup and hair people.   Clearly, some are better than others.

Respected Contributor

I would just like to see no more "black eyes". Some hosts, that's all you see are round black holes in the face. 

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

@depglass

Ive noticed on a couple of occasions poor Sandra has pulled the bad artist. She looked as if they forgot to do her eyes!

Super Contributor

Thank you for addressing this issue. I thought I was the only one who felt the makeup artists and hair stylists have slipped a notch or two.

Trusted Contributor

@depglass  LOL at "aging punk rocker"

QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

I've noticed the same thing. I mentioned to my dtr the other day how washed out and ghostly all the females looked. No blush, pale or no lipstick, not much eye makeup. I think some of the MU people are going for the nude/natural look and it's missing the mark!

Honored Contributor

HD television is NOT their friend.

Respected Contributor

When I want to go for the "natural/nude" look, I just skip the makeup!