Super Contributor

Re: What's with all the ez pay lately

It's a  marketing ploy to get people to think they can afford something.....when they really can't. Notice how often they push the fact you can get something home for just $19.....or whatever. Yeah.....SIX payments of $19! 

And as others have said, it pushes the balance up on their high interest credit card.....and they're hoping you can't afford to pay the balance each month so they'll get even more money out of you in the form of interest. 

People who need six easy pays on something should probably be thinking twice before making that purchase. Just my opinion. 

Honored Contributor

@CorrTor wrote:

If they want to increase sales, they should offer percent off coupons and free shipping.  I know I would buy more and I'm sure i'm not the only one!

Yes this!

Trusted Contributor

I appreciate TRUE sales like, 30% off and free shipping on entire site, no minimum.

WhenI purchase anything online, those are the two things I look for most and that is when I shop.

If QVC would look at different ways to increase sales and profits, other than added interest on their credit card, I believe they would have happier customers, fewer returns and higher profits. 

They are "playing" us with all of the EZ pays, do they truly believe most of us haven't noticed?

Respected Contributor

Most companies want you to use their own house credit card vs. say a Visa, Mastercard etc. because when the other card is used the retailer usually ends up paying a fee to that company.

I am certain that QVC wants to hold their cash tight!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

I think they read these boards.  I see a lot of posters asking for more EZ Pay, and QVC sees that as a way to make more sales.... and make those customers happy and spend more money.

I don't use EZ Pay myself.  You still have to pay full price for the item (and usually pay too much!) -- it just takes longer to pay it.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I guess they think people will be fine paying ridiculously high prices if it is spread out. I like easy pay but I still won't buy over priced things.

Respected Contributor

QVC is being very helpful in offering these opportunities. Sales must be up because of this.