Frequent Contributor

What's with all the ez pay lately

Not that I'm complaining but it just seems like they are always having 4-6 ez pay lately especially for Q card holders. Makes me think sales aren't that good for the Q lately hmmmmmm
Valued Contributor

Re: What's with all the ez pay lately

If they want to increase sales, they should offer percent off coupons and free shipping.  I know I would buy more and I'm sure i'm not the only one!

Honored Contributor

I don't know about the sales numbers, but lots of people buy with easy pay option. Debt can be accumulated quickly if one is not careful, otherwise  to be able to budget purchases this way is great. Easy pay is a customer request. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm thinking the same thing - sales not so good.  Look at all the SG, etc., on clearance but still they bring 'new styles' in the front door.   I check some clothing items and all colors and all sizes still available.  The Q is in a wash of stock - because of lack of quality and s/h costs - I only buy candles or such now. I paid $10 to try a Breeze bra that was lousy.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I think at least part of this is that they have an eye on the calendar ......  March is the end of the First Quarter and I'm guessing that sales were not up to expectations, so to boost their 1st Qtr Earnings Report they had a slew of surprise EZ pay events to increase sales.   

Now, April is the first month of the 2nd Qtr and we shall see if these fall off ... for the time being.

Trusted Contributor

Q card interest is extremely high.  Maybe they are hoping that with 6 EZ pay we will not notice how much we have spent and will run up a bill that we can not pay in full at the end of the month.   I do not want/need another card.  There is alot of competition on line and the other sites are becoming better known.  I am more interested why the quality is not as good but the cost has gone up.   Calling a fabric supreme, etc does not automatically mean it is better or more costly to make.   Comparing it to items from high end stores does not mean it is the same quality.    

Respected Contributor

It's a way for them to "give" us something that does not cost them anything. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

yeah they are beating that to death. When will the realize that many of us know that it only truly benefits them and what we actually want is a true savings like discount code or maybe even free shipping over a certain amount?? HSN and Evine both send me offers all the time, even though I don't have their credit cards nor do I hardly buy from them. QVC is greedy and the only real perk they had was the gift card deal but they didn't even do that at all last year. One more reason I rarely buy anything from QVC. Much better deals elsewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

I too have noticed all the ezpays when you use the Q card .... they are enticing people to charge items using the Q card & build up the balance on their card & pay a very high interest rate which is beneficial to both the bank & QVC!!!! .... I paid off my Q card when it finally hit me that the interest rate was around 29% !!!!!! 😱

Honored Contributor

I think sales are good and easy pay just increases them.