Valued Contributor

Re: What's up with Manuela?!?

On 1/24/2015 Pook said:

It's obvious that she is aging beautifully and has not had any work done as her skin is not stretched out and completely smooth looking. She seems to have lost a few pounds and that has made her face slimmer. It's obvious she is really buff too as she was sleeveless. She used to have shorter hair and bangs and wore virtually no makeup and either wore lab coat or drab colors giving her a mousy look. Now she is wearing makeup, wearing vibrant colors, changed her hair style and maybe has had dental work. She never smiled as much before so it's hard to tell but the new and improved her sure does smile wider.

OP states "I'm the same age and have used her products off and on without much results." so of course the products didn't work that well if not used consistently and Manuela probably uses many more of her products than OP does anyway which would account for her skin being better looking. Also just because you are the same age as someone else doesn't mean you should look as good or just as bad as they do!

Esteemed Contributor

Manuela appears to have been through an impressive body toning program. Of course we are only seeing the upper body, but hers appears to be very toned for any age bracket (and I know Manuela is over 50). Her face does not have the tight appearance with no expression lines or movement of those who have undergone facial cosmetic surgical procedures. Her lips don't have that puffy filler look (some call it duck bill lips).

To sum it up I truly believe her great appearance is due to her products, good health, and healthy diet. I am not a dedicated "will use nothing else" Isomers customer, but over the years Manuela has consistently been one television hawker who comes across as credible in what she is saying and delivers in the quality of the products. Quality is not the same as miraculous results. A product can be good in that it will clean, exfoliate, hydrate, protect, etc. the skin. Those using cosmetic skincare products to address more serious issues (such as deep wrinkles and sun damage), or simply are hoping they'll see a 30-yr old instead of over 60 in the mirror, are subject to "results may vary" with any brand.

Valued Contributor

On 1/24/2015 Chi-town girl said:
On 1/24/2015 Pook said:

It's obvious that she is aging beautifully and has not had any work done as her skin is not stretched out and completely smooth looking. She seems to have lost a few pounds and that has made her face slimmer. It's obvious she is really buff too as she was sleeveless. She used to have shorter hair and bangs and wore virtually no makeup and either wore lab coat or drab colors giving her a mousy look. Now she is wearing makeup, wearing vibrant colors, changed her hair style and maybe has had dental work. She never smiled as much before so it's hard to tell but the new and improved her sure does smile wider.

OP states "I'm the same age and have used her products off and on without much results." so of course the products didn't work that well if not used consistently and Manuela probably uses many more of her products than OP does anyway which would account for her skin being better looking. Also just because you are the same age as someone else doesn't mean you should look as good or just as bad as they do!

Thx Pook for pointing out several facts from the OP statement---that she didn't use the products consistently and as directed; yet she expects to look like Manuela (Lol), and as a result; it must be an "oxymoron" or Manuela is lying about the effectiveness of Isomers; and final conclusion Manuela had a procedure to make herself look good. Furthermore, at the time OP started this thread, there was one very active thread about Isomers-I was participating along with several other posters. OP had the choice to jump on tbe active Isomers thread to "ask her questions"--not hard to miss the active thread as it was on the top of the 1st page! Instead, OP started her own thread to start a conversation to discuss Manuela's "truthfulness". That's what struck me as the OP being Disingenuous, pot stirrer and as some new posters do, starts a 1st time thread to bash a product & inventor that was being discussed at the same time in a positive manner. The apology should be from the OP! And yes, buck-eye nana is right, now OP states a preference for another skin care line, and for whatever reason decided to start a conversation to bash another brand & it's inventor. OP wants to look like Manuela without the same discipline in using the products and living a healthy lifestyle, that is juvenile-6th grade stuff. Lol
OMG! Will you please stop this junior high bullying!! I refuse to be affected by this thread anymore! Not that any of you deserve another explanation...but, in my last post I explained what is meant by off and on in the industry! And that is 3 months. That is the length of time put forth by the American Acadamy of Cosmetic Surgury. Off and on means a length of time for results to be noted; either positively or negatively! If you think "off and on" means an occasional day...you are wrong about that also. I am done. I will not be dragged down by a bunch of negative insecure women. I thank those that supported a simple comment, and had the strength to voice their own. Good luck bullying others....I will not be one of them!
Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 Trix said:

Manuela appears to have been through an impressive body toning program. Of course we are only seeing the upper body, but hers appears to be very toned for any age bracket (and I know Manuela is over 50). Her face does not have the tight appearance with no expression lines or movement of those who have undergone facial cosmetic surgical procedures. Her lips don't have that puffy filler look (some call it duck bill lips).

To sum it up I truly believe her great appearance is due to her products, good health, and healthy diet. I am not a dedicated "will use nothing else" Isomers customer, but over the years Manuela has consistently been one television hawker who comes across as credible in what she is saying and delivers in the quality of the products. Quality is not the same as miraculous results. A product can be good in that it will clean, exfoliate, hydrate, protect, etc. the skin. Those using cosmetic skincare products to address more serious issues (such as deep wrinkles and sun damage), or simply are hoping they'll see a 30-yr old instead of over 60 in the mirror, are subject to "results may vary" with any brand.

ITA, and it's unfortunate the OP started off on a bad foot, yet still stubbornly insists she is "right" or justified. No problem with someone asking how effective a product is or how to see better results, but that's not the case here. Several weeks ago a similar situation occurred with Dr Denese when she returned after a several month absence, and several threads were initiated about her "alterations". Those threads were promptly & aggressively deleted due to "heated" debates about "did she or didn't she" have procedures, but primarily b/c Dr Denese is a QVC vendor. Looks like Manuela is having an outstanding event with a very, very quick sellout of her 2nd TTV!!! No bullying here, just a discussion of facts.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

I have used Isomers for 17 years now and wouldn't let anything else touch my face or body. FOR ME her products work and I have absolutely no desire to try any other brand. I trust Manuela and Dariash.

I also don't believe she's had a face lift. I've seen her forehead actually MOVE when she talks. You can't do that with Botox. Do I care if she has veneers? Absolutely not, I'm considering getting them myself.

Tempest in a teapot if you ask me{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor

I have yet to see how an opinion on a beauty forum about the APPEARANCE of someone SELLING beauty products is wrong.

My take is that they get up there on television asking YOU to BUY their stuff, they know they will be commented on, and it's part of the business. I feel the same about hosts.

Some people, and I'm not one, believe if one has cosmetic alterations (surgery, injectables, etc) that you are no longer credible about skin care. I think they are two very different areas. Good looking skin still requires skin care, no matter how many cosmetic procedures you may have. Just don't tell me a product corrects significant sagging or deep wrinkles, because THAT I don't believe!

I have never come across the word "bullying" as much as I've seen on these boards. Come on, it's not high school! Political correctness has really hurt us.

We need to get over ourselves in some of this.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Respected Contributor

On 1/24/2015 hyacinth003 said:

I have yet to see how an opinion on a beauty forum about the APPEARANCE of someone SELLING beauty products is wrong.

My take is that they get up there on television asking YOU to BUY their stuff, they know they will be commented on, and it's part of the business. I feel the same about hosts.

Some people, and I'm not one, believe if one has cosmetic alterations (surgery, injectables, etc) that you are no longer credible about skin care. I think they are two very different areas. Good looking skin still requires skin care, no matter how many cosmetic procedures you may have. Just don't tell me a product corrects significant sagging or deep wrinkles, because THAT I don't believe!

I have never come across the word "bullying" as much as I've seen on these boards. Come on, it's not high school! Political correctness has really hurt us.

We need to get over ourselves in some of this.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Eloquently stated Hyacinth. I could not have said it better myself. The voice of reason!
Respected Contributor

On 1/24/2015 Gemspirit said:
On 1/24/2015 Chi-town girl said:
On 1/24/2015 Pook said:

Thx Pook for pointing out several facts from the OP statement---that she didn't use the products consistently and as directed; yet she expects to look like Manuela (Lol), and as a result; it must be an "oxymoron" or Manuela is lying about the effectiveness of Isomers; and final conclusion Manuela had a procedure to make herself look good. Furthermore, at the time OP started this thread, there was one very active thread about Isomers-I was participating along with several other posters. OP had the choice to jump on tbe active Isomers thread to "ask her questions"--not hard to miss the active thread as it was on the top of the 1st page! Instead, OP started her own thread to start a conversation to discuss Manuela's "truthfulness". That's what struck me as the OP being Disingenuous, pot stirrer and as some new posters do, starts a 1st time thread to bash a product & inventor that was being discussed at the same time in a positive manner. The apology should be from the OP! And yes, buck-eye nana is right, now OP states a preference for another skin care line, and for whatever reason decided to start a conversation to bash another brand & it's inventor. OP wants to look like Manuela without the same discipline in using the products and living a healthy lifestyle, that is juvenile-6th grade stuff. Lol
OMG! Will you please stop this junior high bullying!! I refuse to be affected by this thread anymore! Not that any of you deserve another explanation...but, in my last post I explained what is meant by off and on in the industry! And that is 3 months. That is the length of time put forth by the American Acadamy of Cosmetic Surgury. Off and on means a length of time for results to be noted; either positively or negatively! If you think "off and on" means an occasional day...you are wrong about that also. I am done. I will not be dragged down by a bunch of negative insecure women. I thank those that supported a simple comment, and had the strength to voice their own. Good luck bullying others....I will not be one of them!

@Gemspirit, I'm really sorry for the unkind treatment that you got. I don't know why the people here get so cruel, but it's not your fault. It doesn't take much for the people on this board to get mad over the slightest things. Take care of yourself.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

On 1/24/2015 Chi-town girl said: NCB-given all of your conflicts on the WEN forum, including one right now, are you here to hide? I can see why you might relate to the OP... I know you b/c of your 1st or one of your 1st posts on the forum as a "Nick Chavez haircare fan" questiioning WEN fans about the effectiveness of their brand. How did that work for you? Not so good as I recall.

Please......please just stop following me. All I did was ask questions about WEN and people took it the wrong way. Will you please just leave me alone and stop following me from thread to thread like this. I won't mention WEN anymore....just please stop. My first post wasn't even about WEN. It was about Nick. So please just leave me be....

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Valued Contributor

she's the best testimonial for her products. she looks fantastic.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel