Valued Contributor

Re: What's up with Manuela?!?

On 1/24/2015 poregirl said:

i noticed the lisp too. invisilign(sp?) braces maybe?

This is exactly what I was thinking. I don't notice a difference in any other part of her face except that her hair is longer. I don't think she's lost weight - she was always "fat free." But I do notice her front top teeth. It looks like she has something over them, much like invisiligns. They are too big to be veneers (unless it's a really bad job) and they make her hold her mouth differently both when she talks and when she is still. She had a beautiful smile before so I can't imagine why she would change it. Possibly, since she is SO active, she had an accident causing a need for dental work? Or maybe she had caps or veneers before and they needed an emergency repair. Whatever. She has beautiful skin!

Respected Contributor

On 1/24/2015 Gemspirit said:
On 1/23/2015 myshell624 said:
On 1/23/2015 suzyQ3 said:

I'm taking bets on whether our one-post wonder will return to this thread.

See post #5

Yes, the "one"post wonder has returned. I happen to have a life and was living that life today. First off, just because you haven't seen me post doesn't mean I haven't in the past, no matter what the counter says. Secondly, I am not calling Manuella a fraud! Did my post say that? NO! But whomever posted that little stinger did! I've been an RN for over 30 years and, in that time have worked with both dermatologists and plastic surgeons. Both specialties sell either a brand made for them or, at high end salons only. I worked for a Derm. MD onc, that had products made for him at a compounding pharmacy and they put his labels on the products. I'm no stranger to either plastic surgery~as a practitioner and, cosmesueticals. There is not a cream in the world that can make those kind of changes! I like this woman and respect her knowledge. I think her products are overpriced and sold with marketing the scientific edge. I've tried them. And FOR ME, I'll take Dimitri's any day! Manuellas nose is thinner, her eyelids less hooded and her neck is longer and firmer, her mouth looks different as others have said. Just look at her website! Could she have lost weight? Certainly. But there aren't any diets that change your nose, mouth and eyelids! I did go to isomers.ca and THAT is the Manuella I remember...strikingly different from the one on ShopHQ yesterday and today! If we could post pics here I would've c/p'd that photo here! Do the names Jennifer Grey, Meg Ryan, or God rest her soul...the amazing Joan Rivers come in mind? And for the LAST TIME I was not "bashing"! However it seems the practice of bashing is a practiced used here frequently! Lastly, THANK YOU to the posters that spoke with maturity, objectivity and support. Not to mention the many who agreed with me and weren't afraid of others who seem to love to intimidate someone based on their opinion. I am posting to a forum with grown women, or am I not? This was totally ridiculous how some of you commented on my post!
Welcome. Posting here seems to come with an initiation like joining a sorority. Ignore the ones unwilling to accept anyone new. I had not watched Manuella since early 2000 but in my curiosity I decided to check. She looks nothing like she did back then. She is thinner in the face, had extensive dental work and she obviously had surgery on her face. It was like a completely different person was selling her products.
Respected Contributor

Just tuned in to watch Manuela and she has lost a lot of weight, she is very buff and her hair is longer. However, she cannot move her top lip, new teeth, maybe, Botox maybe.
Valued Contributor

On 1/24/2015 MidNight said:

I think Manuela looks great but can clearly see she is aging but aging very well..Here is her pic from maybe 30something?Big difference below and her now.

Thank you Midnight~I wanted to post that pic but, wasn't sure if it was ok.
Valued Contributor

On 1/24/2015 SoftRaindrops said:

See post #5

Yes, the "one"post wonder has returned. I happen to have a life and was living that life today. First off, just because you haven't seen me post doesn't mean I haven't in the past, no matter what the counter says. Secondly, I am not calling Manuella a fraud! Did my post say that? NO! But whomever posted that little stinger did! I've been an RN for over 30 years and, in that time have worked with both dermatologists and plastic surgeons. Both specialties sell either a brand made for them or, at high end salons only. I worked for a Derm. MD onc, that had products made for him at a compounding pharmacy and they put his labels on the products. I'm no stranger to either plastic surgery~as a practitioner and, cosmesueticals. There is not a cream in the world that can make those kind of changes! I like this woman and respect her knowledge. I think her products are overpriced and sold with marketing the scientific edge. I've tried them. And FOR ME, I'll take Dimitri's any day! Manuellas nose is thinner, her eyelids less hooded and her neck is longer and firmer, her mouth looks different as others have said. Just look at her website! Could she have lost weight? Certainly. But there aren't any diets that change your nose, mouth and eyelids! I did go to isomers.ca and THAT is the Manuella I remember...strikingly different from the one on ShopHQ yesterday and today! If we could post pics here I would've c/p'd that photo here! Do the names Jennifer Grey, Meg Ryan, or God rest her soul...the amazing Joan Rivers come in mind? And for the LAST TIME I was not "bashing"! However it seems the practice of bashing is a practiced used here frequently! Lastly, THANK YOU to the posters that spoke with maturity, objectivity and support. Not to mention the many who agreed with me and weren't afraid of others who seem to love to intimidate someone based on their opinion. I am posting to a forum with grown women, or am I not? This was totally ridiculous how some of you commented on my post!
Welcome. Posting here seems to come with an initiation like joining a sorority. Ignore the ones unwilling to accept anyone new. I had not watched Manuella since early 2000 but in my curiosity I decided to check. She looks nothing like she did back then. She is thinner in the face, had extensive dental work and she obviously had surgery on her face. It was like a completely different person was selling her products.
Thank you Raindrops! I appreciate you and all of those who are adult enough to express their opinion or, support someone else's. For a while I felt like I was back in 6th grade again! Peace and Joy in 2015!
Honored Contributor

She is beautiful and, yes, when I saw her for the first time in months the lower half of her face is thinner and uplifted. Maybe weight loss or other means, don't really care. She is always gorgeous, but different. It doesn't matter. Just an observation...I'm all about if the products work. Perfectly fine if people state their observations.

Respected Contributor

See post #5

I think right there is the whole reason behind this thread. You can enjoy Skinn without going on the offensive about other lines!

I can't use much of the Skinn line, causes MAJOR breakouts for me. I love the Skinn Bright Eyes, but that's about the only thing of his I can use. I can use the Isomers products and have no problems at all and believe they have helped me to maintain my skin allowing me to go make-up free unless I'm going someplace that I want a more glamorous look.

ETA - Oops, one more Skinn product I can use and love....the PM cleanser.

Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 Pook said:

It's obvious that she is aging beautifully and has not had any work done as her skin is not stretched out and completely smooth looking. She seems to have lost a few pounds and that has made her face slimmer. It's obvious she is really buff too as she was sleeveless. She used to have shorter hair and bangs and wore virtually no makeup and either wore lab coat or drab colors giving her a mousy look. Now she is wearing makeup, wearing vibrant colors, changed her hair style and maybe has had dental work. She never smiled as much before so it's hard to tell but the new and improved her sure does smile wider.

OP states "I'm the same age and have used her products off and on without much results." so of course the products didn't work that well if not used consistently and Manuela probably uses many more of her products than OP does anyway which would account for her skin being better looking. Also just because you are the same age as someone else doesn't mean you should look as good or just as bad as they do!

Thx Pook for pointing out several facts from the OP statement---that she didn't use the products consistently and as directed; yet she expects to look like Manuela (Lol), and as a result; it must be an "oxymoron" or Manuela is lying about the effectiveness of Isomers; and final conclusion Manuela had a procedure to make herself look good. Furthermore, at the time OP started this thread, there was one very active thread about Isomers-I was participating along with several other posters. OP had the choice to jump on tbe active Isomers thread to "ask her questions"--not hard to miss the active thread as it was on the top of the 1st page! Instead, OP started her own thread to start a conversation to discuss Manuela's "truthfulness". That's what struck me as the OP being Disingenuous, pot stirrer and as some new posters do, starts a 1st time thread to bash a product & inventor that was being discussed at the same time in a positive manner. The apology should be from the OP! And yes, buck-eye nana is right, now OP states a preference for another skin care line, and for whatever reason decided to start a conversation to bash another brand & it's inventor. OP wants to look like Manuela without the same discipline in using the products and living a healthy lifestyle, that is juvenile-6th grade stuff. Lol

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

I give up on this thread it is getting too like high school and ridiculous. Over and out!
Trusted Contributor

On 1/24/2015 guatmum said:
On 1/24/2015 poregirl said:

i noticed the lisp too. invisilign(sp?) braces maybe?

This is exactly what I was thinking. I don't notice a difference in any other part of her face except that her hair is longer. I don't think she's lost weight - she was always "fat free." But I do notice her front top teeth. It looks like she has something over them, much like invisiligns. They are too big to be veneers (unless it's a really bad job) and they make her hold her mouth differently both when she talks and when she is still. She had a beautiful smile before so I can't imagine why she would change it. Possibly, since she is SO active, she had an accident causing a need for dental work? Or maybe she had caps or veneers before and they needed an emergency repair. Whatever. She has beautiful skin!

I first thought veneers. I have heard when you first get them, since they are thicker than your normal teeth, it takes a bit getting use to , and you tend to lisp. But as you said, it also could be temporary teeth, due to some dental issue. Either way wouldnt you think she would mention it? I know if I were a spokesperson on tv alot, and people were really looking me over, I would say, the reason i'm lisping is.....or post it on facebook or something.. at least then everyone wouldnt be guessing what face work you had or didnt have.