Honored Contributor

Re: What's the deal with the new Rice-based CCs?

On 1/17/2015 melindaot said: I've just recently started using WEN (never could before because of skin issues. I discovered WEN for kids which WORKS for me. Wonder if this which is also rice based would work for me too? Does it have menthol in it? My scalp doesn't like menthol.

none of us know yet but one of the sneak peeks of a new rice based one shows it does contain menthol still, just like the bamboo green tea CC.

Respected Contributor

I follow low carb and don't eat grains of any kind. I wonder if Chaz can create a meat based formula? Lol. Jk. I'm sure that using products made from grain are not impacting my low carb lifestyle. I was surprised that folks with nut allergies have to avoid non food products with nuts. I actually prefer the wheat or soy formulas because they have more body. The rice ones are lightweight and don't feel as conditioning, so I mix them with a heavier formula.
Trusted Contributor

Wow, webbie was fast this time, zapping that post about the new rice-based formula Mandarin Italian Fig. Good thing I saved it. It sounds good. Top two extracts are bamboo and aloe vera, followed by fig, orange and lemon (and a bunch of other stuff). I may have to try this one too!

Honored Contributor

On 1/17/2015 aprimo said:

Wow, webbie was fast this time, zapping that post about the new rice-based formula Mandarin Italian Fig. Good thing I saved it. It sounds good. Top two extracts are bamboo and aloe vera, followed by fig, orange and lemon (and a bunch of other stuff). I may have to try this one too!

yep fast. I am passing. I am disappointed these days, as it seems he is really into citrus extracts high on the list of all the new CCs. Ugh, my hair doesn't do well with citrus extracts.

Contributor

Aprimo, could you post just the list of ingredients without the name of the product attached to it? Maybe it won't be deleted? TIA

Trusted Contributor

On 1/17/2015 HBNY74 said:

Aprimo, could you post just the list of ingredients without the name of the product attached to it? Maybe it won't be deleted? TIA

Ingredients list for the CC:

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Bamboo Water, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey,Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Bamboo Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, AloeVera Leaf Extract, Fig Extract, Mandarin Orange Peel Oil, Orange Fruit Extract, Lemon PeelOil, Lemon Peel Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Bergamot Fruit Extract, Rosemary LeafExtract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Goji Fruit Extract, Acai Fruit Extract, ChamomileFlower/Leaf Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Green Tea Extract, Seaweed Extract, PassionFruit Flower Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, White Tea Leaf Extract, Rooibos Red TeaExtract, Black Tea Leaf Extract, Menthol, Panthenol (Pro­Vitamin B5), Palmitoyl Tripeptide­1,Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide­7, L­Valine, L­Threonine, L­Proline, L­Isoleucine, L­Phenylaline,L­Histidine, L­Alanine, L­Serine, L­Arginine, L­Aspartic Acid, Glycine, Hydrolyzed RiceProtein, Glycerin, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Citric Acid, Amodimethicone,Carbomer, Polysorbate­60, Polysorbate­20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol,Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone,Fragrance.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/17/2015 HBNY74 said:

Ingredients list for the CC:

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Bamboo Water, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey,Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Bamboo Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, AloeVera Leaf Extract, Fig Extract, Mandarin Orange Peel Oil, Orange Fruit Extract, Lemon PeelOil, Lemon Peel Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Bergamot Fruit Extract, Rosemary LeafExtract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Goji Fruit Extract, Acai Fruit Extract, ChamomileFlower/Leaf Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Green Tea Extract, Seaweed Extract, PassionFruit Flower Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, White Tea Leaf Extract, Rooibos Red TeaExtract, Black Tea Leaf Extract, Menthol, Panthenol (Pro­Vitamin B5), Palmitoyl Tripeptide­1,Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide­7, L­Valine, L­Threonine, L­Proline, L­Isoleucine, L­Phenylaline,L­Histidine, L­Alanine, L­Serine, L­Arginine, L­Aspartic Acid, Glycine, Hydrolyzed RiceProtein, Glycerin, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Citric Acid, Amodimethicone,Carbomer, Polysorbate­60, Polysorbate­20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol,Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone,Fragrance.

Hydrolized Rice protein is the 46th ingredient listed. Much less of this than all the irritating citrus and menthol.

Contributor

Thank you Aprimo!

Honored Contributor

I hope it's menthol free too but I'm not holding my breath since BGT isn't. A bunch of have said we'd like a menthol free rice based formula that provides higher moisture. Ok saw the ingredient list. sigh.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On 1/17/2015 jaxs mom said:

I hope it's menthol free too but I'm not holding my breath since BGT isn't. A bunch of have said we'd like a menthol free rice based formula that provides higher moisture.

It is not menthol free.