Valued Contributor

What's the deal with Wen? I'm thinking of trying

[ Edited ]

Watching the presentations have intrigued me. I know there was an issue with hair loss but the products are still on the q. The concetpt is appealing, I have hair that is thinning some, probably an age thing and using the condition instead of washing my hair everyday with regular shampoo might help.

Respected Contributor

Re: What's the deal with Wen? I'm thinking of trying

You will find lovers and haters of the product. I am a hater. You will have to try it for yourself as it clearly works well for some and horribly for others.  Personally I think it's expensive and there are cheaper alternatives out there to try first.  I wasted a lot of money trying to make it work and in the end I just couldn't.

Regular Contributor

I have used WEN off/on since it came to QVC many years ago.  I have always got good results using any of the WEN products.  I have not had issues with hair loss.  Since my hair is now gray, the texture has changed and WEN is the only products that make my hair smooth (not frizzy or coarse).

There are many people here who also offer advice if you encounter a situation that you want help with.

I say try it - with the 30 day return policy you can't go wrong.

Esteemed Contributor

I love it. I have used it for years and years. I have fine hair. Wen is usually recommended not to be used daily unless you have really oily hair. I use it twice a week.My hair really stays clean longer with Wen. It has made it healthier and a bit thicker in the spots that wer thinning. (around the faceline) I think it's due to the hair being healthier

I know there are lovers and haters of the product. It's just like any other product that touches your skin. There are good reactions and bad reactions. The good thing is that you can try it and return it if it doesn't work for you. The one tip I would give you is to follow the instructions. Ir's different than shampoo. You don't need an ample amount to get your hair clean. Once you learn that  then you'll be able to see what works for you. Make sure you get the frothy foam when you are cleansing. It isn't gooing to lather like regular shampoo. Mske sure your rinse clean. I don't leave in for any additional conditioning because my hair is fine. I spritz with the treament spray a few times and then blow dry.

Hope you have the good luck that I did.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nadine - There is a Wen forum located under the My Favorite Brand heading. You will find the most helpful and knowledgable people relating to all things Wen.

I use Wen and love it. Wen has given me my best hair and controls my wavy/curly frizzy hair.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the replies, I'll check out he Wen forum also.

Respected Contributor

I'm another WEN user, going on 8 years now, and WEN has given me the best hair of my life!  I am sure you will find lots of help and advice on the WEN forum, please visit at your convenience.

Trusted Contributor

@Nadine   You do need to use more than shampoo.  If your hair turns out greasy, that means you didn't use enough.  Be sure and massage your scalp when you rinse.  I've used it for many years and love it.  Definitely go to the Wen forum.  They are very helpful.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Nadine I”ve been using wen for many years.  Lisa Robertson sold me on it because she said it helped with thinning hair.  They also had an effective presentation to that effect.  I don”t think it has had any effect on thinning one way or the other, but I mainly continue to use because I have a big stash bought at a low price, and it is lasting for years.  Word of caution, don’t buy too much.  I think it has softened my textured straight hair, so it is faster to style.  The hair styles very nicely..  I use the mask, oill, styling products too.  unless you have textured hair, I would not necessarily recommend. But I don’t plan to stop using until I run through my stash or the stash goes bad.  The wen forum is full of wen fanatics, so I think you posted in the right place.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nadine  Several years ago (I want to say it was around 2011/2012 when the Fall Ginger Pumpkin seaonal scent was launched), I jumped in with both feet.  I remember there was either an OTO or TSV that had the quart size bottle of cleansing conditioner, a huge bottle of replenishing mist, and a bottle of styling cream.  I bought several, even set up the auto delivery so I'd never be without.  Believe me, I had shelves in my linen closet dedicated for my WEN stash.  My DH even installed a shelf in the soffit area above the back of our bathroom shower so I could have my assortment of formulas at my disposal.  I was my own shower mixologist, blending my own customized formulas - never the same exact mixture twice in a row.  When I got down to minimal amounts of cleasnsing conditioner left, I would make what the Wenners lovingly called a "Frankenbottle".  I followed the protocol, using the multiple pumps, adding the splash of water, rinsing clear with cool water, adding more cleansing conditioner to my wet head, using an old tshirt to dry my hair instead of a towel..  At some point I added the 613, treatment oils and styling mousse to my collection.  The following June I bought three gallons!  I'm telling you, I was all in!

I stuck with WEN for a few years, never cheated with a true shampoo, and even though I followed the usage instructions to a T, I NEVER ever had that beautiful, full, bouncy, still clean second day hair.  I'd always have to use dry shampoo and pull it up into a ponytail on the second day.  I finally woke up out of my stuppor and convinced myself that I enjoyed the WEN experience because all the formulas smelled so good, but it honestly didn't do great things for my hair.  I used up what I had and never ordered again.  I'm back using salon quality shampoo and conditioners and am happy with my hair.  Even if I have to use dry shampoo on Day 2, it looks better than it did when I was using WEN because I can style it a little bit if I'm running errands.  LOL, I just ordered liter size bottles of shampoo and conditioner from Ulta's sale - $20 each.