Valued Contributor

What's the deal with Nordstrom offering no discount on ebates?

It's been this way for a few days now, I've never seen a company do this on their site? Does this happen often? I'm new to their site, so just wondering. 

Frequent Contributor

Re: What's the deal with Nordstrom offering no discount on ebates?

What is an 'ebate'? They price-match.

Valued Contributor

Ebates.com

you sign up with them and when you click through their site to order from all the participating stores, Qvc included, you get the particular % off your total purchase amt. minus tax & shipping cost. They send you a check every 4 months from all the accrued purchase amounts . All stores offer different % amounts that change periodically up or down. QVC is offering 2% at the moment. It's a great way to earn a few extra bucks to spend ! I love it when my check comes! 

Frequent Contributor

I don't see Neiman Marcus or other high end  retail stores on ebates. Intersting concept. Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

I use either ebates or mrrebates and have for many years. There are some stores where they will occasionally not have rebates for awhile. They used to do that all the time with QVC too.  Often times they don't give the % during a big sale for that store. This is nothing new, actually. Not surprising.

Valued Contributor

Neiman Marcus is there. I have them on my favorites list. There are many high end brands there. Coach, Dooney, Dillard's, Macy's, Sephora, Ulta, etc... just look at the "all stores" and there are literally hundreds of stores listed . Click on the heart and put them on your favorites list so they are handy when you want them. 

Honored Contributor

I use mrrebates, and Nordstrom has always been a part of it.  haven't bought anything from them lately , so I'm not sure if they still participate.

I do have to say, I'm more likely to buy something online if I'll also get the rebate.

Valued Contributor

Nordstroms has pulled out of Ebates and now they have a program of their own. I found this out when ordering last week.

Esteemed Contributor

@granny me, what is their program?  Is it different from if you spend so much money you get Nordstrom certifictates?  If not, they have done that forever for the cardholders.

Nordstrom is the worst with sales.  They have their clearance like everybody else.  Other than that, they price match.  So they will have signs up saying today we are price matching but you have no idea what unless you have found it in another store.  If I have found it in another store, I will buy it there.  This is in store...online they give better info on if something is price matched.  Anymore I don't even bother with our store,  They have such a small amount of clothes.  When I look online and look at a particular style or brand they will have a ton of stuff.  Then when I say for my store only, there's like three.  Then the stores whine because they don't get merchancise because people buy online.  That's why.

Valued Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@granny me, what is their program?  Is it different from if you spend so much money you get Nordstrom certifictates?  If not, they have done that forever for the cardholders.

Nordstrom is the worst with sales.  They have their clearance like everybody else.  Other than that, they price match.  So they will have signs up saying today we are price matching but you have no idea what unless you have found it in another store.  If I have found it in another store, I will buy it there.  This is in store...online they give better info on if something is price matched.  Anymore I don't even bother with our store,  They have such a small amount of clothes.  When I look online and look at a particular style or brand they will have a ton of stuff.  Then when I say for my store only, there's like three.  Then the stores whine because they don't get merchancise because people buy online.  That's why.

To be honest when she was explaining I didn't pay much attention, but I do think you are correct you spend so much type of thing. I liked Ebates better.