Honored Contributor

What's the best file you use on your nails?

Do you use a file that has a degree of like sandpaper?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's the best file you use on your nails?

Ruby Stone from Sally's Beauty Supply.  Has coarse end and fine end.

Valued Contributor

I have a Nail Tek crystal file that I got at Ulta.  Works great and never wears out.  Amazon also has similar files for a lower price.  

Honored Contributor

I only use emery boards.  I've tried some of those other things ... but emery boards word best for me.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

I use a crystal file.

I don't recall the brand of the one I have; it was purchased at a gift shop and has some decoration added on one end. I find it does a better job than other types of files I have used. It is not at all like sandpaper; it has a fine finish and it leaves no rough edges on my nails. That is one reason I prefer it.

Trusted Contributor

Don't know the name, but it is purple and is antibacterial and can be disinfected. Does a perfect job and no problem washing it off. It is not rough like sandpaper but has 2 different sides. My nails grow like crazy and I always have to file them down or shape them. I don't get manicures or pedicures.

Honored Contributor

@laurelei wrote:

I have a Nail Tek crystal file that I got at Ulta.  Works great and never wears out.  Amazon also has similar files for a lower price.  

@laurelei  I've read that crystal nail files are the best because they don't tear your nails and you can file them in both directions unlike the recommended one-way filing use for emery boards or metal nail files. 

I purchased Perfect Formula (A257174) for my nails, and their crystal nail file included in this set is fantastic.  It leaves my nails so smooth.  But of course you can get the file separately.

Respected Contributor

I prefer double sided emery boards in both fine and medium grit.

Respected Contributor

I've used Diamancel files for MANY years (I buy them online, when there's a sale). They're amazing, & last for years. 

Heart

Honored Contributor

I use Beauty Secrets emery boards from Sally's.  I buy both the pink and the blue.

I have a few glass nail files but have never gotten the knack of using them without saw off my nail.  I've brought them with me to the salon but my manicurist won't use them.