Esteemed Contributor

What's the best eye cream , serum?

I'm looking for something more then my tatcha eye cream, which I love , but am noticing a few lines on outer eye area that seemed to show up recently . They are still fine but don't want them to deepen and take hold.  Noticed them in a photo that I enlarged on my phone and was surprised to see them,  when not smiling they don't even show.    I also have sensitive skin so no fragrance.   Any suggestions appreciated.  Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: What's the best eye cream , serum?

I've used Philosophy's Miracle Worker anti- aging retinoids eye repair for several years, it works.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Probably something with retinol. There are many to choose from. I use Retin-A around my eye area and it helps smooth out fine lines very nicely. But if you can find a good retinol eye cream, it may help with your fine lines.Woman Happy

Dr. Dennis Gross' Ferulic + Retinol Eye Cream has gotten some good reviews across different websites.

Respected Contributor

I always return to Shiseido Benefiance, in the beige jar, gold cap.  It literally removes all lines, and stays that way even after washing.  I've also used the serum too.  The eye cream is the richest, and you only use a tiny bit.   I find mine at TJMAXX for about half the price.   Oh, their skin softeners are great too!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore,    I have taken an interest in Peter Thomas Roth products because he uses natural ingredients.  He has eye patches and I can't wait to try them inside green paper.  They came in my kit.  He probably has an eye cream too.  Check out his products, I know I was impressed.  He also has an eye serum and other eye products.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for all your great suggestions.  I plan to look I to these products and see what might work the best for me Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

What helped when I started noticing fine lines was Paula's Choice 8% AHA. If you have sensitive skin, you can mix the AHA with your moisturizer or any other eye cream.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore  I quit using creams pretty much as they are just too heavy and I think cause bags under my eyes.....  I  only use serums and gels around my eyes now

.  Right now I use a black rice eye gel by Perier ( spelling?) that I buy on HSN... and I use  serum eye product by Algenist as well .  Iuse  both of those in the morning   and   at night both again add an eye balm on top of those.

I am 62  and have no eye lines at all.  Of course I have been very proactive in always wearing sun glasses  both on sunny days and cloudy days so I never squint and I use of course sun block on my face and around my eys area. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Kitty Galore,    I have taken an interest in Peter Thomas Roth products because he uses natural ingredients.  He has eye patches and I can't wait to try them inside green paper.  They came in my kit.  He probably has an eye cream too.  Check out his products, I know I was impressed.  He also has an eye serum and other eye products.  Cat Happy

I dont think his products are as natural as you think, he uses chemicals too and tests on animals. .

Valued Contributor

I recently purchased Prai Oxygen Infused Eye Gel from HSN and I love it! Very rich but absorbs well. I have hooded lids and I swear my eyes look much better, feel refreshed and less heavy. Under eye area is improved also and smoother and less puffy. I ordered two more last week when on a special price.