Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetpea70 wrote:

I do not like putting my finger in my face moisturizer, eye cream, body cream, etc. I'm sure there are things out there I could be using. I've seen the Spatty which looks like a great product for what it's intended. I want something disposable or capable of being cleaned to reuse. What's out there? Thanks. 

Spqsctulas and you can always but airless jars on Amazon. I always tell people if you have a cream you like but it's in a jar get a airless jar wheee you just press down on the top. They work great.

Honored Contributor

@Sweetpea70 wrote:

I do not like putting my finger in my face moisturizer, eye cream, body cream, etc. I'm sure there are things out there I could be using. I've seen the Spatty which looks like a great product for what it's intended. I want something disposable or capable of being cleaned to reuse. What's out there? Thanks. 

I use a clean plastic knife. I wash it between uses. Sometimes I wipe it off with bleach water solution.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetpea70 Spatty can be cleaned and reused.  I do.  Depending on what they are needed for, I have also bought a 1,000 box of "7"" Wooden Coffee Stirrer" for less than $10.  I figure they are biodegradable.  I dispose of them without too much guilt.

Contributor
I got a couple hundred spatulas for $6 on Amazon and some airless pumps (travel size). My frequently used creams go in the pumps, scooped in by my spatula. My Take Off The Day just gets a little scoop out with my spatula. Keeps my nails out of the mess and super cheap.
Regular Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Sweetpea70 Spatty can be cleaned and reused.  I do.  Depending on what they are needed for, I have also bought a 1,000 box of "7"" Wooden Coffee Stirrer" for less than $10.  I figure they are biodegradable.  I dispose of them without too much guilt.

@NYCLatinaMe, I like the idea of disposable wooden coffee stirrers better than some plastic spatulas I see on Amazon. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Regular Contributor

@JeanKC wrote:
I got a couple hundred spatulas for $6 on Amazon and some airless pumps (travel size). My frequently used creams go in the pumps, scooped in by my spatula. My Take Off The Day just gets a little scoop out with my spatula. Keeps my nails out of the mess and super cheap.

@JeanKC, I've never seen the empty airless pump bottles before but I think that will be my best choice for my PTR moisturizer. Thanks for your help!

Esteemed Contributor

If you buy plastic knives/forks/spoon sets, the knife would work.  Do spatulas come in plastic?  Why not use one of your own butter knives?  You can always clean it.

I use my fingers in my jars.  After I've washed my face; my hands are clean.  If I have to reapply that's different and I just try to get a bit from around the edges.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Sweetpea70 wrote:

I use a clean plastic knife. I wash it between uses. Sometimes I wipe it off with bleach water solution.

You have no concerns with bleach/water solution in your products or on your face?  Your clean hands are probably better than doing that.  I dunno, whatever works for you🌷 .  I have no concerns with my products and I use three daily.  After my first face wash of the day, I apply my first cream.  Mid day I apply another one.  Just before bed I apply the final one. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life