Honored Contributor

Re: What’s happened to Laura Gellar?

They used to call these outfits holding companies.  The majority don't have a clue how to run the companies they purchase.  Going bankrupt was no brilliant business decision.  I cringe every time I hear of one of our cherished brands being sold off.  

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

1) You can buy Laura Geller beauty items from other retailers, such as Nordstrom, Macy's and other places.  I'd give them a try.

2) I heard Laura say on air just last week that because her products are made in Italy, they are having huge problems with manufacturing because of the pandemic.  Business have closed and orders are backed up.

So, unless QVC has a stockpile for upcoming shows and TSVs, I don't see her inventory problems getting better for a long time, unfortunately.  

@Caaareful Shopper , I heard Skip Borghese say that also about their Perlier products. Since they are made in Italy, they will not be able to have anything shipped from there for quite some time.

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@lizzief wrote:

I'm replying to myself. I looked up on the internet, not only did she sell her majority stake, the company is in bankruptcy! What a shame! I love her sparkle, eyeliner & blush. I hope she can make it back!

It is so irresponsible to say a company is in bankruptcy without understanding the reasons for that business decision. The company went into bankruptcy so that it could sell off parts that it wanted to.

@Bhvbum, there is nothing irresponsible about it.  It's the truth.  None of us really have the inside scoop as to why most companies have filed bankruptcy or what their ultimate plan is.   

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@soxfan wrote:

Didn't Mally go through this a few years ago?

Yes, but Mally's products went downhill after. 

So true. But I don't think Mally had much input into the development of her products once everything was settled. She stayed as the "name" of the company, but the company that bought Mallygirl through bankruptcy, Beauty Visions, hired the former head of Victoria's Secret cosmetics to be the head of product development.

I tried my favorite product, Face Defender, right after this happened. It was tinted and it wasn't the same at all. So I didn't order for a long time. I have since ordered some things from time to time, but it's not the Mally I used to know. Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

FYI for those who've said the products are at other retailers, the retailers all have similar issues with limited inventory. Laura's website is having frequent "sales", it does make me wonder if they are selling off what inventory they have. You can find a few things on EBay and Amazon, but those sites have always been an after market. I love the tinted spackle, her eyeliner and blush, I'm glad I stocked up on blush, but I'll be very disappointed if spackle disappears! I also love seeing Laura on the Q, she always has great tips and is a hoot!