Trusted Contributor

What’s happened to Laura Gellar?

Is she going out of business? Say it ain't so! Can't find my favorite spackle anywhere, and eyeliner colors are disappearing. The Q has very few offers as does Laura's website. Anyone know what's going on? Was her company purchased?

Honored Contributor

Re: What’s happened to Laura Gellar?

@lizzief 

She sold a majority stake of her company to Tengram Capital Partners, a three-and-a-half-year-old firm that focuses exclusively on branded consumer and retail businesses. “Of course it can be emotional -- it's your baby,” Geller says of the decision.Jul 11, 2015

Trusted Contributor

I'm replying to myself. I looked up on the internet, not only did she sell her majority stake, the company is in bankruptcy! What a shame! I love her sparkle, eyeliner & blush. I hope she can make it back!

Respected Contributor

@lizzief wrote:

I'm replying to myself. I looked up on the internet, not only did she sell her majority stake, the company is in bankruptcy! What a shame! I love her sparkle, eyeliner & blush. I hope she can make it back!

It is so irresponsible to say a company is in bankruptcy without understanding the reasons for that business decision. The company went into bankruptcy so that it could sell off parts that it wanted to.

Honored Contributor

@lizzief Many times you can get some of those items on ebay and amazon.  Good luck!

Super Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@lizzief wrote:

It is so irresponsible to say a company is in bankruptcy without understanding the reasons for that business decision. The company went into bankruptcy so that it could sell off parts that it wanted to.

Didn't Mally go through this a few years ago?

Honored Contributor

The company who bought the Laura Geller brand, Glansaol, also bought Clark's Botanicals and Julep. The founder of Julep, Jane Park, is no longer involved at all. Laura is still the main spokeswoman for the brand (although I'm guessing, like Bobbi Brown, she has a contract to stay as "figurehead" for a specified time). Glansaol filed for bankruptcy and sold the three companies to AS Beauty.This new company sold Clark's Botanicals back to the original owners. They plan to "rebrand" Laura Geller and Julep. 

Jane Park has started a new company called Tokki, which is reusable gift wrap "with a digital twist." Maybe she'll come back to QVC! Smiley Wink 

Honored Contributor

1) You can buy Laura Geller beauty items from other retailers, such as Nordstrom, Macy's and other places.  I'd give them a try.

2) I heard Laura say on air just last week that because her products are made in Italy, they are having huge problems with manufacturing because of the pandemic.  Business have closed and orders are backed up.

So, unless QVC has a stockpile for upcoming shows and TSVs, I don't see her inventory problems getting better for a long time, unfortunately.  

Honored Contributor

All LG is on sale at Nordstrom for at least 15% off, some 40% off.

Esteemed Contributor

@soxfan wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

@lizzief wrote:

Didn't Mally go through this a few years ago?

Yes, but Mally's products went downhill after.