Respected Contributor

Re: What's everyone's favorite fragrance these days?

Anything Philosophy

Esteemed Contributor

@Quinny wrote:

I find it very interesting that so many of you have a wardrobe of fragrances!  I wonder how many fragrances you have that fall into the same family of fragrance like, florals, fruits, spice, etc. 

I have not worn fragrance for years!  It isn't that I don't want to, but I haven't found a fragrance that I can wear all day without the scent starting to "bother" me.  As if, I don't want to smell it any longer.  Having said that, the one fragrance I wore for years and years, was Clinique Aromatics Elixir, which if not used carefully, can be very strong.  I got so many compliments on that, everywhere I went.  When my now grown children smell it on someone, they tell me they remember me always smelling that way when they were little.

One day, I was picking my children up from school and as I was pulling away from the school, I noticed my two rear tires had gone flat!  I called a tow truck and as I was telling him where to take my car, he stopped me and told me I smelled very nice?!  My kids thought that was so weird.

I had a friend drive the kids andI to the tire store when my car was finished.  I was paying my bill and the guy at the register asked me what perfume I was wearing?!  The tow truck driver and the tire store guy, within 3 hours of each other?!  My son, six years old at the time, asked me if all of the "strange" men I met told me they liked my perfume.   Smiley Happy

After that time, I was ill for quite a few years and that's when I stopped wearing fragrance.  A couple of years ago, I tried a bottle of the Aromatics Elixir and it didn't smell the same on me at all as it once did.  I was really surprised.  Could my "nose" have changed that much over the years?  I take several medications now that I didn't before.  Could medicines cause a change in my body or sense of smell that weren't there so many years ago?

I've often wondered.  So, yet today, I miss wearing fragrance so much, but haven't found anything that smells nice to me for very long.  

Have any of you had the same experience?  

@Quinny- I also used to wear Aromatics Elixir. Matter of fact I still have a small spray bottle of it but it must be at least 20 years old and smells kind of funky. I don't wear it anymore but occasionally I'll sniff it and somehow remember things that were going on in my life at that time. It was a delicious fragrance, and quite unique!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shopper Mania         In the cooler/cold weather I love Jo Malone's Pomengranate Noir.  I wear her Blackberry & Sage.  In the warmer months I love Laura Mercier's Almond Coconut.  Cat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I rotate among many, but currently I am gravitating toward Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue,  Oscar de lar Renta Esprit, Calvin Klein Beauty, and Sarah Horowitz's Rose Gold, Perfect Tuberose, and Perfect Gardenia.

How things have changed since this old thread was resurrected by @Naturesbeauty for some unknown reason.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I like Nest Paradise and Tocca Stella as both are a summery mandarin orange scent without smelling too sweet. I have bought both of these at Sephora. Nest has had a big price increase in Canada in the last 6 months so I am basically switching over to Tocca Stella.

Honored Contributor

My top four right now:

A dupe oil for Amazing Grace  (by Bulk Apothocary)

Sensuous by Este Lauder

White Linen (used very sparingly) by Este Lauder

Bronze Goddess (come Summer) by Este Lauder

I consider my Amazing Grace dupe and White Linen my fresh scents.  I like Sensuous because it is not too over the top and can be worn day or night. Bronze Goddess is my latest.  I have never been a "beachy fragrance" person.  I sprayed this one on and after about an hour, I kept smelling this wonderful fragrance on me.  I had to go back to the Este Lauder counter and get it for Summer.  

Honored Contributor

@jubilant- I like your scent choices and curious on how the Amazing Grace dupe oil compares to Philosophy's Amazing Grace?  Is it pretty darn close?  Did you wear Philosophy's before switching to the dupe oil?  Does the scent last?  I've always wanted to try a dupe oil, but never knew where I should purchase.  Smiley Happy 

(I use to wear Bronze Goddess also.  Loved that one!  Didn't know if Estee Lauder still carries it....may have to get a bottle come May)

Honored Contributor

I really appreciate all the responses.  I'm enjoying reading everyone's scent choices!  Thanks for sharing...

Honored Contributor

This a REALLY old post...started in 2016. Are they ever reviewed and cleared out? 

Are we supposed to check all OPs to see original date?

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@jubilant- I like your scent choices and curious on how the Amazing Grace dupe oil compares to Philosophy's Amazing Grace?  Is it pretty darn close?  Did you wear Philosophy's before switching to the dupe oil?  Does the scent last?  I've always wanted to try a dupe oil, but never knew where I should purchase.  Smiley Happy 

(I use to wear Bronze Goddess also.  Loved that one!  Didn't know if Estee Lauder still carries it....may have to get a bottle come May)

***********  Thank you.  I think the Amazing Grace dupe is very close.  I did wear Philosophy AG before switching.  I am much happier with the dupe. I still had some Philosophy left in spray perfume  when I bought the dupe.  I tried the Philosophy spray on one arm and put the dupe oil on the other.  I could barely tell the difference.  The dupe oil lasted longer on me.  I did have to refresh it after 3 or 4 hours.  With the Philosophy I couldn't smell it after probably half an hour.  Von Maur is where I bought the Bronze Goddess.