Regular Contributor

What's a good, not too expensive acid peel pad?

And how would you use these pads  with Vit C serum & retin a?  Acid pads in the morning & Vit C & retin a at night?  I see Alpha skincare makes a 14% serum - could that take place of pads?

Contributor

Re: What's a good, not too expensive acid peel pad?

Hi, Do you want a BHA or a AHA??? If you want a BHA, Stridex pads contain 2% salicylic acid (BHA). If you want an AHA it’s not a pad but The Ordinary has a glycolic acid 7% (AHA). Both are inexpensive. Good luck🍀🍀🍀
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can layer acids with VC but not with RA. Acids (VC is an acid) and RA should be used at opposite ends of the clock, each on clean skin. RA should be applied at night because it is light sensitive and will lose it's effectiveness if you apply it during the day. But some people have used RA during the day...put a layer of sunscreen on top to protect the RA from being destroyed by the light as well as SPF for your skin. 

If you are looking for some quality pads then I can suggest the Glycolix brand. Find their entire pad selection at Skinmedix dot com (always free sh)...search 'Glycolix Pads' and you will see all of them there. Each of them contains 60 pads. So far Skinmedix has the best price for these that I can find.

The Stridex Max pads are a very good inexpensive SA product. I use them now but I can't use them too often because they can be drying.

Regular Contributor

Thank you @SilleeMee  & @Kymheart1 

Respected Contributor

@Kymheart1 wrote:
Hi, Do you want a BHA or a AHA??? If you want a BHA, Stridex pads contain 2% salicylic acid (BHA). If you want an AHA it’s not a pad but The Ordinary has a glycolic acid 7% (AHA). Both are inexpensive. Good luck🍀🍀🍀

I'm a big of of The Ordinary acids. My favorite is the Lactic Acid 10% + HA. 

I also love Paula's Choice 2% BHA. 

I no longer buy peel pads, but if you want, you can cut up some muslin rounds. drop into a travel container, and soak the pads with Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid. You can wash and reuse the muslin rounds over and over. 

Respected Contributor

I bought the Glycolix pads, hoping for a few dark spots to lighten.   They didn't work for me, and sting my skin like crazy...I have to rinse it off with cool water.  I'm almost finished with the jar, and wont purchase again.

I like PTR pads better, but honestly nothing has helped to rid the spots.  Thankfully I only have a few, but I posted awhile back, I got new ones using Andrew Lessmans spf(mineral).

Honored Contributor

@2penny   Go to skin-peel.com  and check out their products plus they give you a lot of information about peels.

kindness is strength