Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's a good morning cleanser?

I use the same cleanser morning and night.  Using different ones is just another way to separate me and my money.

Honored Contributor

@Jamie80 wrote:

I have been using Dr. Denese facial cleanser to cleanse my face in the morning. Afterward, I apply LXMI Creme Du Nil so my face can stay moisturized. It is the best moisturizer I have found. You can find that moisturizer here on QVC.

And yet you started a thread a few days ago asking for recommendations for a moisturizer.

Hmmm...

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I didn't read all of the replies so I don't know if this was suggested already or not, but I have been using Avalon Organics Intense Defense Vitamin C cleansing milk, not the cleansing gel, and I really like it. I have dry skin and have a really hard time finding something that doesn't make me feel drier and this does a really good job. I like it so much I actually reordered it, and that rarely happens. I get mine from Vitacost and I believe it was less than $8 for an 8 oz pump

Respected Contributor

I find that just splashing my face with tepid water is enough to wash away the products used the night before and not over-strip my skin. I follow with Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid which I leave on for a while before continuing with my morning regimen.

Honored Contributor

Why not try one of the cleansing waters ,that are out there?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

I'm 57 and live in the high desert.  I've had consistently good luck with facial cleansers from Paula's Choice.  Right now I'm using Skin Recovery cream cleanser with a Konjac sponge and I'm happy with that combo.

PC

There's another option for those who feel a morning cleanser is too harsh or drying.

Huggies

Huggies Natural Care® Plus Wipes.  Costco sells them exclusively.  They're thick, fragrance-free, and basically aloe, Vitamin E and water.

I use them to remove makeup before I wash my face with cleanser, but sometimes I just use the wipe for a quick "wash."

I've even used them to wipe the dog's face.  Gentle, effective, good to have on hand.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

I agree with the recommendations for a drugstore product -- this is the one drugstore skin care product I use.

I'm normal to oily and find Oil of Olay Foaming Cleanser is perfect for sensitive skin.

image.jpg

Frequent Contributor

I use Algenist cleanser. love it

Trusted Contributor

Another vote for Cerave.  No fragrance, inexpensive, and really just refreshes my face to prepare it for my morning routines.  

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin - I have combination skin with rosacea. I like to "wake up" my skin with a little exfoliation, and my dermatologist doesn't want me using the Clarisonic. I tried the Ocean face wash for sensitive skin by Lush and liked it, but she didn't like me using that either! This has been my HG morning cleanser for years, and she is fine with it:

Mary Katy TimeWise 3-in-1 Cleanser

Mary Kay TimeWise Age-fighting Moisturizer, Combination/Oily Skin,3 oz/ 88ml

I also use Tatcha Polished Gentle Rice Enzyme Powder A266682

TATCHA Polishing Rice Enzyme Powder, 2.1 oz - A266682

But it's pretty expensive so I don't use it every day! I used to use a version by Fresh, but it was discontinued. I liked that one better! Smiley Happy