Honored Contributor

Re: What's a good lip primer?

@CANDLEQUEEN

MAC works really well on my lips. I use it first, then layer my WEN lip balm next, followed by lip liner, then my lipstick. Mine doesn't bleed. When I don't do that, my lipstick doesn't wear as well.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I use NYX primer before I line my lips. I follow up with either a lipstain or a matte lip product. Once that dries I add my lippie of choice whether it be lipstick topped with a gloss or just a gloss. I also usually use lip venom before I add my lippie of choice.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEENI agree that a lip pencil is a good idea for you. I like a neutral shade (Makeup By Mario in Hugh) so you can fill in the entire lip so the lipstick has something to hold onto.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmusewrote:

Is lip primer a lot different than face primer? I've never used one.

@GenXmuseYes, I find lip primer more of a wax consistency to be a barrier.

Honored Contributor

@monicakmwrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN

Are you open to lipgloss instead of lipstick?

@monicakmYes, love glosses, but want to find one that has good color! any suggestions???

I heard that Fenty was good, as well as MAC, any others? I used to love Too Faced, but I think they changed their formula maybe?

Esteemed Contributor

MAC Prep and Prime for Lips

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@GenXmusewrote:

Is lip primer a lot different than face primer? I've never used one.

@GenXmuseYes, I find lip primer more of a wax consistency to be a barrier.

Thank you! Good to know

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN

Fenty's glosses are more pigmented than some glosses I have and I enjoy them. They aren't overly tacky feeling either. I like Lawless, heck I like them all. I've got 7 or 8 brands and the one that I like the least is Hourglass. Love the color and I don't have a problem repurchasing an Hourglass gloss, it just doesn't seem to last as long.

LOVED LOVED my Too Faced glosses and collected all but one or two of them. The colors were plentiful and the formula great. I thought I'd die when they discontinued the plain gloss line. They had 13 colors. Now all they sell is the Lip Injection. Very sad that they no longer sell the shimmery (plain) glosses. I still have them and have some backups that haven't been unboxed yet.