Trusted Contributor

Re: What’s Your Verdict on the Bare Minerals TSV?

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

My kit arrived Thursday and I just tried it for the first time.  I’ve used Bare Minerals in the past but chose a different shade this time - light beige.  It seems to be a good shade for me.  The triangular concealer brush is a good tool for the under eye area.  What I’m not crazy about is the finishing powder.  It is way too glowy for my taste and age.  I don’t like the “Tin Man” look all over my face, I think it accentuates flaws..  I’m contemplating if I should keep the set or return it.  If I keep it, the finishing powder will only be used as a highlighter in key spots.  For that, it’s very nice. Still, I’ll do a little playing before I make up my mind. 

What’s your verdict? 

@JeanLouiseFinch   I honestly got this kit for the deluxe size bisque.  I use it as a foundation.  I purchased the fairly light foundation...but it is still too yellow for me.  The finishing veil is too shiny.  Brushes were ok.  I cancelled my auto delivery since the bisque is the only thing I really use.  

Frequent Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

My kit arrived Thursday and I just tried it for the first time.  I’ve used Bare Minerals in the past but chose a different shade this time - light beige.  It seems to be a good shade for me.  The triangular concealer brush is a good tool for the under eye area.  What I’m not crazy about is the finishing powder.  It is way too glowy for my taste and age.  I don’t like the “Tin Man” look all over my face, I think it accentuates flaws..  I’m contemplating if I should keep the set or return it.  If I keep it, the finishing powder will only be used as a highlighter in key spots.  For that, it’s very nice. Still, I’ll do a little playing before I make up my mind. 

What’s your verdict? 

@JeanLouiseFinch   I honestly got this kit for the deluxe size bisque.  I use it as a foundation.  I purchased the fairly light foundation...but it is still too yellow for me.  The finishing veil is too shiny.  Brushes were ok.  I cancelled my auto delivery since the bisque is the only thing I really use.  

Yes, I too love the bisque & sometimes use it as foundation.  Now that they made it part of 'a kit,' which I don't like, hate kits, QVC is not offering the deluxe size bisque like they usually do.

Not happy with bareMinerals since Leslie sold. Who needs a million brushes? Another waste to add to kits to make it seem like you're getting something for your $.

Frequent Contributor

I bought the TSV for my niece for Christmas. She loves Bare Minerals, so it's perfect for her. It's also helping her to build up a nice supply of brushes. I bought her a TSV  with a couple of auto-ships a two of years ago. I was glad to see what was in this one.

I had tons of brushes from back in the day when I bought TSV's or kits when Leslie owned the company.  We had a devastating flood in parts of WV about 4 years ago and my former SIL lost her home. I was able to give her several really nice makeup brushes from Bare Minerals, among many other things.