Honored Contributor

What’s Your Verdict on the Bare Minerals TSV?

My kit arrived Thursday and I just tried it for the first time.  I’ve used Bare Minerals in the past but chose a different shade this time - light beige.  It seems to be a good shade for me.  The triangular concealer brush is a good tool for the under eye area.  What I’m not crazy about is the finishing powder.  It is way too glowy for my taste and age.  I don’t like the “Tin Man” look all over my face, I think it accentuates flaws..  I’m contemplating if I should keep the set or return it.  If I keep it, the finishing powder will only be used as a highlighter in key spots.  For that, it’s very nice. Still, I’ll do a little playing before I make up my mind. 

What’s your verdict? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What’s Your Verdict on the Bare Minerals TSV?

I got it couple nites ago but haven't used it yet, @JeanLouiseFinch  - we got a lot more snow than expected yesterday and my friend who plows plow was being repaired.  Fun!

Anyways, I always get the fair but that was all sold out so had to order the light - hope it works.  Sounds like, I too, will save the finishing powder to highlight.

Fingers crossed that the light will work for me.  Glad your color worked fine for you!

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch You could try using the finishing powder on your decollete, shoulders, back of your hands, legs, etc.

Respected Contributor

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Re: What’s Your Verdict on the Bare Minerals TSV?

@JeanLouiseFinch You could try using the finishing powder on your decollete, shoulders, back of your hands, legs, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Re: What’s Your Verdict on the Bare Minerals

I haven't gotten mine yet and looks like not until next week.  I ordered things from HSN and QVC the same day.  Have received all HSN items before QVC items even leave the warehouse.  I'd forgotten why I don't bother shopping with Q too much.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tobes wrote:

FYI...........not very practical esp. if you don't go anywhere, i.e., virus, remember?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Re: What’s Your Verdict on the Bare Minerals

@tobes wrote:

Thanks, @tobes , but I probably wouldn't do all of that.  I usually dress more on the modest, conservative side.

Occasional Contributor

I loved the Mineral Veil! It has a little bit of a rosy glow and I use it on the top of my forehead and my cheeks. On me it looks like a paler version of the Rose Radiance. I wear the Medium foundation and occasionally the Fairly Medium.  Since I have a pink undertone it might look more pink on me than those with a different undertone. I would  purchase again if it is offered again. I am glad I got it on auto-delivery so I will get a second Mineral Veil.

Honored Contributor

I knew I wouldn't like that shiny mineral veil so I ordered my annual large size foundation direct from Bare Minerals instead. 

Frequent Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

@tobes wrote:

FYI...........not very practical esp. if you don't go anywhere, i.e., virus, remember?

Plus, summer is over. Little skin to show. Who cares about doing this & staying inside our homes?