Esteemed Contributor

What's Your Favorite Styling Iron ?

There are so many to choose from ,  I have never used one , my stylist at the salon does and love the look .  Been using the dafni ,  but so many problems with it that now I want to start using an iron but want one that is eSy to use and doesn't cause damage to my highlighted hair.  I. It ice that chi seems to be popular ,  but wonder what others think that use one on a regular basis.  Cat Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: What's Your Favorite Styling Iron ?

I love my CHI Smart.

Esteemed Contributor

Until I purchased my Chi I never believed there could be a big difference between them except the price. I color my fine hair often and I could really see the difference. It's worth every cent.

Respected Contributor

I had a Chi that I gave to my daughter. It was really nice, but at that time I wasn't using it much & when she went to college I sent it with her. I bought the Remington Pearl Pro Ceramic 1" Flat Iron from Ulta & it is my favorite flat iron ever! I love it better than the Chi.

It was on sale & I used a coupon, so it cost me about $20. I have used it every day for years. 

It heats up quickly, works well on my hair & no stylist has ever told me I have any damage from flat ironing, so it must be okay.

Honored Contributor

I use to like Chi but when I went to Ulta the sales associate told me about Hot Tools and I love it much more than my Chi.  It heats up very fast and I only need one pass for a perfect straight look.

Honored Contributor

I have short, layered hair and I like the Calista 1/2 in. brush roller iron.  You can hold it without getting burned which is the reason I purchased it.  However, you can hold it for a tight curl or just run through hair for a wave.  I bought it when it was a TSV and it was a little less money.  It's hard to believe the prices on the popular irons.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I have three curling irons - different diameters.

Fattest is Revlon ... next is My Curl ... smallest is Jheri Redding.  I don't think I paid more than $20 for each - and I've had them for years and years and years.

Honored Contributor

Although not an iron, I love my Calista Perfecter round brush. I can use it to smooth my hair without making it flat like an iron would do. Using it to curl my ends is easy to do with it, too.

Respected Contributor

The best for my needs is the InStyler.  I just bought my second one because the first one died after about 10 years.

Regular Contributor

Chi Smart is the best, IMO.  Dependable and does a good job.