Honored Contributor

Re: What's So Special About BGT?

On 9/5/2014 Campion said:

Well, I just washed my hair and blow-dried it an hour ago, first time using BGT. Normally I use Tea Tree or Cucumber Aloe. Tea Tree has been best for me so far. But..

I noticed the BGT has no menthol and rinses out faster. It seems lighter in formula as well. The scent is a light floral-herbal. I actually prefer how Tea Tree smells but if you don't like menthol, you'll love this. My hair came out VERY full and bouncy.

I have medium short (below ear) color treated fine hair and I'm over 60 so the volume is down these days. I have to say, the result is about the best I've gotten out of Wen. My hair doesn't feel weighed down and it feels thicker and the body is excellent.

The best description I can make of the scent is green-floral perfume.

You mean no menthol smell, right? BGT DOES contain menthol. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Trusted Contributor

CaitlinH- what a respectful, informative response to a posting that shouldn't have been. Chaz explained the properties of each formula several times throughout the day. Seems some will search heaven and earth for something to complain about. I admire the way you handled the posting.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I tried BGT and liked my hair but I thought the smell was strong and

very artificial. I wish he would use natural fragrances and

less harsh preservatives - mostly because its much healthier. Many companies

have moved in that direction and surprised he hasn't. Otherwise he has

great ingredients and the bad ingredients counteracts them somewhat .

Been using Lavender for 2 years and still hoping he will be more forward

thinking on that issue.

Respected Contributor

I waited and waited for BGT in the treatment mask and an oil. Unfortunately, no oil. I love the cleansing conditioner and had been using it for a while before the TSV so when I received it I was very excited only to find out I'm not so crazy about the mist and styling cream. It actually makes my hair feel stiff. And the BGT mist, which I've always used in the evening after my beauty routine but in the other fragrances, makes my hair feel like it has hairspray on it. When I try to run my hands through it after the mist dries it's like trying to run your fingers through your hair after using hairspray.

Frequent Contributor

All great information above. I would also suggest you read up n other sites about the needs for protein vs moisture in certain hair types. This is something I never knew about and once I read about protein it made absolute sense. For the record I cant use protein type shampoos or conditioners, they leave my hair brittle, so I have to use formulas for moisture rather than protein. Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

On 9/7/2014 sparklestar said:

I waited and waited for BGT in the treatment mask and an oil. Unfortunately, no oil. I love the cleansing conditioner and had been using it for a while before the TSV so when I received it I was very excited only to find out I'm not so crazy about the mist and styling cream. It actually makes my hair feel stiff. And the BGT mist, which I've always used in the evening after my beauty routine but in the other fragrances, makes my hair feel like it has hairspray on it. When I try to run my hands through it after the mist dries it's like trying to run your fingers through your hair after using hairspray.

That is disappointing to hear. My hair pretty much always feels that way after using any of the mists.

What do you think about the remoist in BGT?

Respected Contributor

On 9/7/2014 HappyDaze said:

That is disappointing to hear. My hair pretty much always feels that way after using any of the mists.

The only other remoist I've used is TT. As far as my experience goes, the remoist really does not have much affect on my hair. I don't see a difference in my hair after using the remoist. I thought maybe with the BGT remoist I would see a new result, but not really. Do you think they will do an oil?

Valued Contributor

Just remember the VTS is not the same as the RTM. The one that came with the set is the VTS and you can use it as a hairspray for hold.
Formally NewtoWen
Respected Contributor

On 9/7/2014 amabO said:

I tried BGT and liked my hair but I thought the smell was strong and

very artificial. I wish he would use natural fragrances and

less harsh preservatives - mostly because its much healthier. Many companies

have moved in that direction and surprised he hasn't. Otherwise he has

great ingredients and the bad ingredients counteracts them somewhat .

Been using Lavender for 2 years and still hoping he will be more forward

thinking on that issue.

The floral-herbal odor seems the same to me as well. It lingers longer than the regular Wen cleansers. HOWEVER, I do like how my hair feels after I use BGT. It is soft and shiny, and has volume. It is more drying than the others except Tea Tree and way more drying than Cucumber Aloe. Since I need to remove oil from fine hair, it works well for me.

The ReMoist made my hair too greasy, even after washing it out. If you have moisture issues, you'll like it. The volumizing spray is like hair spray. You will feel it in your hair. I don't mind that but I would have preferred the mousse, I think.

Honored Contributor

On 9/7/2014 HappyDaze said:

The only other remoist I've used is TT. As far as my experience goes, the remoist really does not have much affect on my hair. I don't see a difference in my hair after using the remoist. I thought maybe with the BGT remoist I would see a new result, but not really. Do you think they will do an oil?

thanks sparkle. The remoist only works for me as a leave in but I don't use it all the time as I don't really need a leave in with SHP.

I think they are planning on an oil. I'd be surprised if they didn't.