Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,437
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: What's Happened to Beauty Banter?


@KatCat1 wrote:

@Shanus   I totally agree with you waiting 2 weeks for delivery.  QVC seriously needs to improve shipping out beauty and other merchandise.  You really do get tired of waiting.


@KatCat1 

I'm right with you on this one!  When I first started shopping on QVC, I thought the shipping time was a bit long and as the years went on, the shipping time became even longer. I finally realized I  could shop other online sites with lower shipping rates, sometimes free shipping and receive my purchase as much as 10 days earlier than QVC could deliver it. Except for a very occasional purchase, I stopped shopping with QVC.  I haven't made a purchase on the Q in over a year.

Around the same time, QVC beauty vendors were leaving the channel in droves with nothing to replace them. 

QVC has failed to keep up with the fast-growing online shopping market.  When QVC first appeared, the idea of shopping via television and having your purchases delivered to your doorstep was incredible. QVC was slow to jump into the online shopping market and unfortunately when they finally jumped in, their online marketing strategies were almost archaic and in my opinion, they have yet to advance. 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,437
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: What's Happened to Beauty Banter?

@Desi  I agree with you !00%!!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,328
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: What's Happened to Beauty Banter?

@Tricolor -do you have any Facebook groups that you can recommend? That sounds like something that I would maybe be interested in

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,201
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: What's Happened to Beauty Banter?


@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I think that the favorite brand forums have a lot of activity taken away from the Beauty forum.  There's Wen, Philosophy and Nick Chavez in a different category.  If these topics were added to this forum, there would be more activity.


I agree this is a big part of what happened. Those who are brand loyal get so offended if you don't happen to fawn all over their favorite products/vendors. I never go into My Favorite Brand.

 

There are lots of reasons why I would reject a beauty purchase, and it doesn't always have to be from personal experience.

 

I've always appreciated the alternative views, regardless.

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,754
Registered: ‎04-19-2010

Re: What's Happened to Beauty Banter?


@rnmom wrote:

@Tricolor -do you have any Facebook groups that you can recommend? That sounds like something that I would maybe be interested in


I belong to a few that I really like. QVC/HSN Beauty Addicts is a very large group but very well managed. There are 3 great administrators who really keep the group fun and interesting. They also don't put up with meanness or nonsense. So if a person tries to cause any upheaval, they are booted. Josie Maran Cosmetics Fan Club and Jose Maran QVC Real Talk are very nice if you like her products. Lulu's Beauty Friends is a great group to talk about anything. Lulu has been a member of the Beauty Forum for a long time and she started this group over a year ago. QVC Everything but Beauty Addicts talks about everything QVC related but no beauty. Hope that you decide to join one of these groups. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,368
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: What's Happened to Beauty Banter?


@Porcelain wrote:

A) There's not much new to get all excited about.

 

B) Knowledgable people adding to every thread that skincare you can purchase online doesn't do anything and that you have to use Retin A or get botox or surgery. Or else you're delusional.

 

It just stops the discussion because they're basically saying people are stupid for spending on store bought skincare...In a forum section where people might want to talk about store bought skincare. That sort of Retin A, surgery, and dermatologist's prescription talk would make more sense in Wellness in my opinion.


 

@Porcelain   Speaking for myself, re: Retin A recommendations. When questions are asked about advice for the most effective anti-aging products, I'll always be honest. I'll never suggest something I haven't tried or doesn't work. Dermatologists do advise Retin A and SPF for younger looking skin. I just pass on proven info when asked. You may be seeing several of us recommending Retin A and tired of reading it, but guess we feel strongly about its efficacy. If the question is not asked in Wellness, I can't give my reply there. Apologies if you feel store bought skincare is slighted. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,298
Registered: ‎02-19-2014

Re: What's Happened to Beauty Banter?


@Shanus wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

A) There's not much new to get all excited about.

 

B) Knowledgable people adding to every thread that skincare you can purchase online doesn't do anything and that you have to use Retin A or get botox or surgery. Or else you're delusional.

 

It just stops the discussion because they're basically saying people are stupid for spending on store bought skincare...In a forum section where people might want to talk about store bought skincare. That sort of Retin A, surgery, and dermatologist's prescription talk would make more sense in Wellness in my opinion.


 

@Porcelain   Speaking for myself, re: Retin A recommendations. When questions are asked about advice for the most effective anti-aging products, I'll always be honest. I'll never suggest something I haven't tried or doesn't work. Dermatologists do advise Retin A and SPF for younger looking skin. I just pass on proven info when asked. You may be seeing several of us recommending Retin A and tired of reading it, but guess we feel strongly about its efficacy. If the question is not asked in Wellness, I can't give my reply there. Apologies if you feel store bought skincare is slighted. 


Why not recommend products that can be used with Retin A? It's sort of like when a paleo diet is brought up and asked about, and there's always a response that derails the thread and turns it to a debate about plant based diets. The topic was paleo, or the topic was Josie Maran argan oil. In that case, why not recommend ways to make argan oil work with Retin A, if it has to be brought up. Or genuinely explain why argan oil is a bad idea.

 

If someone is asking about a particular brand, they are interested in that brand. So it makes sense to respond about that brand. Not something completely different.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,538
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: What's Happened to Beauty Banter?

I know a few people who no longer post here because they are tired of the constant complaining about everything.

 

It does get very tiresome. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,950
Registered: ‎03-30-2014

Re: What's Happened to Beauty Banter?

After a poster mentioned My Favorite Brands I went to look.  If you have not checked lately, it is a very, very, sad walk down memory lane.  No wonder we are all bored.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,206
Registered: ‎06-01-2017

Re: What's Happened to Beauty Banter?


@Harpa wrote:


I agree this is a big part of what happened. Those who are brand loyal get so offended if you don't happen to fawn all over their favorite products/vendors. I never go into My Favorite Brand.

 

There are lots of reasons why I would reject a beauty purchase, and it doesn't always have to be from personal experience.

 

I've always appreciated the alternative views, regardless.

 

 

Absolutely true.