Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 491
Registered: ‎04-10-2011

Re: What's A Good Under Eye Concealor

@NickNack  

 

I just read all the Replies here & no one mentioned JOSIE MARAN'S NEW CONCEALER.  I'll give it a shout-out because it deserves one; I have seriously dark blue inner eye area hollows and NOTHING I'd used in 10 years was doing the job.  I read Reviews on QVC for both Shape Tape and JM; Josie's got more 5* reviews and customer raves.  I use many JM products and value the 'clean' aspect.  

 

I recommend Josie's new Concealer highly; I use Medium, apply a TINY dab on ring fingers (and small brush if needed) AFTER Foundation.  It's very concentrated, and at first I used too much with the applicator directly.  It works beautifully to blend and cover those nasty dark hollows (I don't use it under my entire eye area but in a few other discolored spots).  It's thick enough to not migrate into my eyes, which is a big problem for me with other Concealers.  It lasts all day and I LOVE how it brightens my whole eye area. (THX Josie and QVC) Heart

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,024
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: What's A Good Under Eye Concealor

I have been using the Voodoo 10 years younger from here for awhile now and it is my favorite.  I don't like undereye concealer to be too light and this really just gets rid of the dark circles but that's it.  The light is a pink color but don't panic upon seeing that.  Once blended in the dark circles are gone but no pink.  I also use it for broken capillaries on the face.

https://www.qvc.com/Voodoo-Makeup-10-Years-Younger-Color-Corrector-with-Brush.product.A299841.html?s...

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,060
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: What's A Good Under Eye Concealor


@BSurLife65 wrote:

@NickNack  

 

I just read all the Replies here & no one mentioned JOSIE MARAN'S NEW CONCEALER.  I'll give it a shout-out because it deserves one; I have seriously dark blue inner eye area hollows and NOTHING I'd used in 10 years was doing the job.  I read Reviews on QVC for both Shape Tape and JM; Josie's got more 5* reviews and customer raves.  I use many JM products and value the 'clean' aspect.  

 

I recommend Josie's new Concealer highly; I use Medium, apply a TINY dab on ring fingers (and small brush if needed) AFTER Foundation.  It's very concentrated, and at first I used too much with the applicator directly.  It works beautifully to blend and cover those nasty dark hollows (I don't use it under my entire eye area but in a few other discolored spots).  It's thick enough to not migrate into my eyes, which is a big problem for me with other Concealers.  It lasts all day and I LOVE how it brightens my whole eye area. (THX Josie and QVC) Heart


@BSurLife65   When you say "new" is it the JM concealer called  "Josie Maran Vibrancy Full Coverage Argan Concealer" A343976?

 

I also have under eye hollows and have been looking for a good concealer.

 

Super Contributor
Posts: 491
Registered: ‎04-10-2011

Re: What's A Good Under Eye Concealor

@haddon9  


@haddon9 wrote:

@BSurLife65 wrote:

@NickNack  

 

I just read all the Replies here & no one mentioned JOSIE MARAN'S NEW CONCEALER.  I'll give it a shout-out because it deserves one; I have seriously dark blue inner eye area hollows and NOTHING I'd used in 10 years was doing the job.  I read Reviews on QVC for both Shape Tape and JM; Josie's got more 5* reviews and customer raves.  I use many JM products and value the 'clean' aspect.  

 

I recommend Josie's new Concealer highly; I use Medium, apply a TINY dab on ring fingers (and small brush if needed) AFTER Foundation.  It's very concentrated, and at first I used too much with the applicator directly.  It works beautifully to blend and cover those nasty dark hollows (I don't use it under my entire eye area but in a few other discolored spots).  It's thick enough to not migrate into my eyes, which is a big problem for me with other Concealers.  It lasts all day and I LOVE how it brightens my whole eye area. (THX Josie and QVC) Heart


@BSurLife65   When you say "new" is it the JM concealer called  "Josie Maran Vibrancy Full Coverage Argan Concealer" A343976?

 

I also have under eye hollows and have been looking for a good concealer.

 


@haddon9   Yes, that's the one.  Remember to practice how much and where to place it, less IS more.  Read the reviews on QVC too.  Good luck in banishing the Darkness, it gets worse with age......

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,489
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: What's A Good Under Eye Concealor

Many times under eye darkness becomes more evident as you age because the skin is getting thinner. I noticed that using Retin-A under my eyes has helped with that. My darkness doesn't appear as dark as it use to and I am using less concealer because of that. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,113
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: What's A Good Under Eye Concealor


@SilleeMee wrote:

Many times under eye darkness becomes more evident as you age because the skin is getting thinner. I noticed that using Retin-A under my eyes has helped with that. My darkness doesn't appear as dark as it use to and I am using less concealer because of that. 


 

 

@SilleeMee   You're only dabbing it around the outside of your eyes, aren't you?  I've read and heard from my dermatologist to never put it any closer.  I wish I could use Retin A.  I've tried several times, and even using a tiny amount I get peeling and am not happy with it.

My little dog, a heartbeat at my feet. —Edith Wharton
What greater gift than the love of a cat.--Charles Dickens





Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,060
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: What's A Good Under Eye Concealor

@BSurLife65   Thanks so much! Smiley Happy I have used some of Josie's products and I really like them a lot!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,489
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: What's A Good Under Eye Concealor


@NickNack wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Many times under eye darkness becomes more evident as you age because the skin is getting thinner. I noticed that using Retin-A under my eyes has helped with that. My darkness doesn't appear as dark as it use to and I am using less concealer because of that. 


 

 

@SilleeMee   You're only dabbing it around the outside of your eyes, aren't you?  I've read and heard from my dermatologist to never put it any closer.  I wish I could use Retin A.  I've tried several times, and even using a tiny amount I get peeling and am not happy with it.


 

 

 

@NickNack 

I apply RA all over my face. Of course I had to work up to doing that but now it goes on everywhere. I even use it on my lips, avoiding the corners. I don't have any problems with it. I've read that it can cause dry eyes if used too close to the eyes but I don't have that problem. 

Contributor
Posts: 20
Registered: ‎02-19-2013

Re: What's A Good Under Eye Concealor

For me, Tarte Shape Tape.  I have always had very dark circles, so I have tried many, many.  I also have dark skin to upper lids.  I am 65.  A little goes a long way since it is so pigmented.  I can use very lite coat under eyeshadow on upper lids without creasing.  

 

I used to to try new concealers a few times a year. Since funding this, I haven’t wanted to try anything else. 

Super Contributor
Posts: 459
Registered: ‎03-04-2017

Re: What's A Good Under Eye Concealor

[ Edited ]

Ok so Ive tried tons and tons of concelears. It depends on what your skin likes at the moment because they're all different. From the top of my head these are ones ive tried in the past few years. 

Bobby brown: corrector and concelar pot, awesome but thick 

Josie maran - good 

laura mercier - ok 

Nars - nope

Laura gellar - good coverage but too thick 

It cosmetics - loved it until the line sold to loreal. formula now is dry and it creases 

Make up forever - eh nothing special but will stick 

mac - just ok 

clinique - nope 

oh and so many more..... 

 

It depends on what your skin 'likes'. Im noticing that thicker consistancy may promise full coverage but it does drag down the eye are since its so delicate making it sag. As others have said here Maybelline has a really good concealer which i just bought last week myself. $7 doesnt hurt either. I would never wear drug store but since this one is so talked about im giving it a try and surprisingly i do like it. Its thinner and stays on without the cakey effect. Smiley Happy 

 

 

 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop