Honored Contributor

Re: What's A Good Under Eye Concealor

@NickNack  Laura no longer owns her company and so far the concealer is okay.  They changed the formula on the tinted moisturizer and I had to stop using it as it oxidized on me.  I hate when companies try to take shortcuts with cheaper ingredients.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I am 70 yrs old, normal/dry, fine lines and wrinkles and I love Maybelline’s Instant Rewind too. I got the Tarte Shape Tape but I find it to be a little to heavy/thick and it does sink into fine lines and wrinkles. Hope this helps with your decision. I can find Maybelline’s Instant Rewind at pretty much every store. (I set it with a moist Beauty Blender Sponge.) I use both liquid and powder foundations.
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@NickNack  Laura no longer owns her company and so far the concealer is okay.  They changed the formula on the tinted moisturizer and I had to stop using it as it oxidized on me.  I hate when companies try to take shortcuts with cheaper ingredients.

@Katcat1   I didn't realize she no longer owned the company.  I knew that the reviews on the foundation that replaced what I used that was discontinued didn't get good reviews.  I think I'll visit several cosmetic counters tomorrow.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Thank you, everyone, for the suggestions.  There are so many recommendations for Maybelline's Rewind that it might be worth it to try that first.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack  I noticed a change a couple years back maybe longer.  They have changed the powder blush, some of the lipstick collections, discontinued some foundation (one I liked too that came in a jar) and then changed the formula for the tinted moisturizer.  I am extremely happy with No 7 tinted moisturizer as it has a beautiful finish for $13.99.  Good luck shopping.  Rihanna's line called Fenty is pretty impressive too.  Chanel and Dior and are good to look at.  Have fun and get samples!  lol

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack , some solid recommendations here.  Let us know what you tried and your final pick.  Have fun!  LM

Respected Contributor

I'm always looking for a great concealer.  I'm using 5 different ones now... but I'm going to try the Maybelline suggested.  Thanks.

Frequent Contributor

I feel you pain!  I'm 52, wear light-medium in all foundations.  I have always had dark hereditary undereyes.  I've tried all the different concealers mentioned already in this post.  For me, the best holy grail item for my dark undereyes is Lancome Effacernes Waterproof.  I wear it in Dore.  It's not a color I would have picked,  The SA suggested it.  This tube has lasted me an entire year and I use it everyday!  A small amount covers both eyes all day.  No creasing or drying out the undereye area.  It's a must for me now!

Honored Contributor

NARS Creamy Concealer. I use the color “Custard.” It doesn’t crease or settle into lines. Long lasting on the face and doesn’t come off in high humidity. Very creamy consistency and easy to spread. I use my finger. I usually mis it wit a peach concealer from a Becca to cancel out my dark undear eye circles.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I think the Maybelline age rewind is good, but it doesn't stay put on me, and it creases.  I am currently using IT Cosmetics perfect lighting and I swear it's the best I've ever used.  Not heavy or thick,  super smooth and a tube lasts forever.