Honored Contributor

What's A Good Under Eye Concealor

I'm looking for a good under eye concealor.  I don't have terrible dark circles, but I do have a little bit of darkness under my eyes.  I recently switched to Bobbi Brown's stick foundation, which I love, but her concealor doesn't get good reviews.  I'm considering:

Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra Longwear Concealor

Nars Soft Matte Concealor

and

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealor.

Does anyone wear one of these or have any other recommendations?  I'm planning on going to the Mall tomorrow (Monday).  I don't want a concealor that I'd have to order, because I want to be able to get a good color match in person.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: What's A Good Under Eye Concealor

@NickNack  I have been using Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer for several years now but she does have other options.  It's creamy but not overly creamy so there is staying power.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack , I just went through this.n I am retired and don’t wear a lot of make up.  I watched some YouTube makeup experts.  They recommended two.  The expensive one was Lancôme Effervescence concealer.  The drug store dupe was Maybelline rewind concealer.

This make up expert also said she never believed it until she tried it but a setting powder made a big difference in long lasting effect.

I bought the Lancôme.  It is waterproof and buildable.  I bought Maybelline but haven’t tried it yet.  The Lancôme is long lasting and the setting powder does work.  Not something I usually wear and I was worried it would settle in lines but it doesn’t.

Make sure you are barefaced when you choose your concealer.  I wasn’t and had to go back and get a deeper color.

Good luck whatever you choose and come back and review.  LM

Honored Contributor

There are lots of threads on this topic.  You can read them all by using the search feature.  Some are very recent.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@NickNack  I have been using Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer for several years now but she does have other options.  It's creamy but not overly creamy so there is staying power.

@Katcat1   Thank you for the suggestion.  I used her Secret Concealer many years ago, but didn't think it covered well enough.  That's why I thought I might try her other options.  I used to wear her foundation until she discontinued what I was wearing.  I finally ran out of it and switched to Bobbi Brown.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

LOVE---------tarte Shape tape---the very best I have ever used. you apply it with a wet sponge. Excellent product. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Lilysmom .  I'll put the Lancome on my list of counters to go to tomorrow at the Mall.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been using Maybelline InstantAge Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer. For me it works the best for my dark inner corners and a little bit of under eye darkness. Comes in several shades. I like the Neutralizer shade...that one is color-correcting and looks natural on me. What I do is remove the sponge foam tip applicator, pulls right off, and use my one concealer brush. No need to use a setting powder...it stays put all day and does not settle. Reviews for this concealer are stellar. Don't let the low $7 price fool you. It's worth a try for that price. Woman Happy

eta - You only need a tiny bit. It can be layered. I think some people apply way too much and that might be why they don't care for it.

Regular Contributor

I agree with SilleeMe. I like the Maybelline Rewind as well.

I read about on the forum and even learned about pulling the sponge tip off. I find it blends better with my ring finger than with a brush. It’s easy to get too much on, then it looks bad. Just a dab is plenty.

@SilleeMe :  thanks for your tips n tricks!

dragonfly

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tarte Shape Tape.  Watch the video... It’s highly pigmented and the sponge and recommended technique work well-  I have a lot of darkness below and in the whole eye orbit and Ithink this is great!  The price is fair, not bad...