Frequent Contributor

What"s Your Favorite Cream Highlighter?

I've because been on a cream highlighter kick later. Does anyone have any suggestions? So far I have Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Poured in Moonstone, Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment  Iluminating Wand (one color only) and IT Cosmetics Hello Light Illuminating Cream.  I like them all because they are not glittery and they all give a subtle to moderate sheen.  Here are their differences.   Josie Maran 's gives the most shimmer of the 3 and has a slightly darker champagne color than the other 2.  Its also  creamier and more moisterizing than the other 2 probably due to the Argan oil thus it has a thicker consistency than the other 2, but i still wouldnt consider it "thick". The Becca gives a medium shimmer of the 3 , is a very pale gold shade and has a light texture.  The IT is a pale beigey shade with a slight cool undertone.  It has the thinnest texture and swatched a little drier than the other 2.  Any other cream highlighters worth trying?

Honored Contributor

Re: What"s Your Favorite Cream Highlighter?

[ Edited ]

@moon  Several years ago, Tarte had something called Smooth Operator Illuminizing Serum, or something like that.  It wasn't cheap, but you wouldn't use a lot so the tube would last a long time.  My daughter tried mine and liked it so I gave it to her.  I then found Ulta's house brand BB Cream in "Illuminating".  Here's the link:

Ulta BB Illuminating Cream

It's just like the Tarte product, but a lot less expensive.  There was a BOGO sale at the time so I got two.  Would you believe, I'm STILL using the first tube?  It works fine, hasn't separated, and has no foul odor. The color is pale and you don't need much at all.  There's no glitter or frosty look to it.  You can build it, but I find that just taking a tiny bit on my pinky and tapping in areas I want it, just one time is enough.  It's not an every day product for me (sometimes I'll use it, other times I'll use the Skinn Candlelight compact), but worth you looking into it if you want a cream type product.  

Valued Contributor

I wish I could make a suggestion but I'm still using the cream highlighter from the old Philosophy makeup coloring books that I bought on discount at Big Lots.  My favorite is the 7th Heaven all-over illuminator.  It gives me an "angelic" glow.  LOL    Love this stuff and I don't know what I'll do when it's all gone. Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

I LOVE the Becca highlighters--both the cream and the lotion--very glowy and lovely!

Respected Contributor

@KimThib wrote:

I LOVE the Becca highlighters--both the cream and the lotion--very glowy and lovely!

Count me in as another fan of Becca!

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

Me three.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I recently got a highlighter in my Boxycharm subscription from The Beauty Crop called The Beauty Crop Lighting Crew Highlighting Cream.  It's too dry for my taste, but I have dry skin. But it is a nice highlighter.

I wasn't familiar with the brand so I looked at their website. It's natural products from London and says they are now available at Urban Outfitters. It's a pretty small tube for $18 but you may want to try for yourself especially if you are into natural products. This product has Vit C, pineapple, and green tea, I believe.  Just thought I'd throw that in there since its new.  Also 100 pct cruelty free.