Highlighted
Respected Contributor

What primer with IT CC cream or Celebration powder foundation?

My skin is oily T zone and I have never found a primer that does anything.  I ususally use it on one side of my face with foundation and other side without primer with foundation. I have never seen any difference in look or wear from one side to the other.  Maybe I have not hit on the perfect one.  Does anyone with my type of skin wear one with It CC or powder foundation?

Trusted Contributor

Re: What primer with IT CC cream or Celebration powder foundation?

[ Edited ]

I also have the same type of skin and have found very few that work....i think for some, primers just don’t work.  I do like Murads oil control mattifier...it goes on like Elmer’s glue, but it helps to keep my makeup on most of the day...Becca’s evermatte poreless primer is decent...also goes on like elmers🤪 anything with silicone makes my makeup slide off....they say whatever your foundation’s base is, oil or water, that’s what your primer should be as well. Good luck

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

My skin is oily T zone and I have never found a primer that does anything.  I ususally use it on one side of my face with foundation and other side without primer with foundation. I have never seen any difference in look or wear from one side to the other.  Maybe I have not hit on the perfect one.  Does anyone with my type of skin wear one with It CC or powder foundation?

@chiclet. The CC Cream claims to have a primer in it. Have you tried an oil absorbing setting powder in the t zone? If that doesn’t work, this may not be the correct foundation for you.

FYI, foundations that claim to be “long wear” has less oil since they need to last. Maybe try one of those.

Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet  You do not need a primer with IT CC Cream.  With Celebration foundation. You may have already tried regular Spackle, but I recommend Champagne or Even Tone Spackle with a powder foundation.  I think either of these two take the finish of a favorite powder foundation from great to greater.

You may also like to consider one of the new water primers.  Laura Geller's Spackle and Smashbox Photo Finish are available in water formulas.  

Laura Geller Spackle Mist
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water Mini 1 oz/ 30 mL