Honored Contributor

Re: What perfume is Everyone looking forward to wearing this Fall/Winter?

On 9/13/2014 Winx said:

I love wearing perfume!

However, I was recently asked by my work cube neighbor to change my perfume for it's bothering her allergies. I told her that I would try but that was a first for me.

I presently switch from Obsession to Falling In Love.

What to do so I proceeded to a local Sephora store to try and find as light and clean a scent that I could but it's frustrating since you don't know what's going to work.

Anybody ever experience this and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Thank you.

Enjoy your day!

Winx, I do think that working in an office where everybody is in close contact does necessitate taking care with perfume.

If it was Obsession that triggered her comment, that is a powerhouse of a fragrance and just may not be very work-friendly.

But there are alternatives. Fragrantica.com labels Obsession as being in the Oriental Spicy group. You can click on that group and get any idea of maybe more modern, current scents in that category and try them.

Another thing to do with any perfume would be to limit how much you use. Either stick with just a light spritz or two or spritz a cotton ball lightly and then dab a couple pulse points.

Good luck.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

The perfumes that I currently have that I consider good for cooler weather are Prada Candy, Jeanne Arthes Private Room, Aquolina Gold Sugar, and Estee Lauder Sensuous.

But we live in a very temperate climate, so unless it's a heat wave, I can pretty much wear the scents that I have any time of the year.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Delicate whisp of Chanel#5... or my body powder works for me- not over powering.. love the cooler weather..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 champagnepoodle said:

Angel by Theirry Mugler

Oh chanpagnepoodle, I have that on as we type- love it & the body powder is just as luscious..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Super Contributor

DKNY Be Delicious is my Fall and Winter scent.

Super Contributor

I'm with you OP! This is my new favorite. I love how I smell hours later. I am also giving VS Incredible a chance too. It is a very feminine fragrance that I decided to try because of admiring it on another woman and asking her what she was wearing. It was lovely.

Super Contributor

I am in a perfume rut. For more years than I care to mention I have worn L'Air Du Temps cologne by Nina Ricci and I can never find a perfume I like better, although I have tried a number of others over the years. I came across it purely by chance. In my young days, I would often visit friends in another city and, as most people did in those days, I would travel by Greyhound. On one journey I was sitting beside a young woman who was wearing L'Air Du Temps - and I was hooked. That was in the 1970s. I have given up looking for another perfume these days. I wear it daily and I am always concerned in case it is ever discontinued.

Valued Contributor

Winter Delice by Guerlain - only available in a sample size. Smells like midnight Mass on Christmas eve. Incense, pine and something else....it smells like Christmas!

Trusted Contributor

Edward Bess - Eau La La

Respected Contributor

Joy Perfume by Jean Patou of Paris